Shannon Bond is a member of the Spencer Fane Health Care group. She focuses her practice on regulatory, transactional, and business issues impacting health care clients, working primarily with health care providers to find solutions related to internal governance, regulatory compliance, contract structuring, and other issues that they might encounter. She has experience drafting a wide variety of health care and business documents, including nonprofit, governmental, and hybrid hospital bylaws; physician employment agreements; health care software licensing agreements; EMTALA analysis; and more.
Shannon graduated from the University of Nebraska College of Law with high distinction, and was elected to the Order of the Coif. While in law school, Shannon served as an Executive Editor for Nebraska Law Review, was published in Nebraska Law Review 97:1, represented clients as a student attorney in the Nebraska Law Immigration Clinic, worked in the chambers of a U.S. District Court judge, and received gold-level distinction for her pro bono work throughout law school.
Shannon has a variety of experiences and assets that help inform her advice to clients. Shannon earned her Bachelor’s degree from Baker University in International Business, is fluent in Spanish, has experience in business immigration law, represented clients in immigration court, and wrote an administrative decision appeal brief that was successful in federal court. Shannon uses her broad base of experience to give health care and business clients holistic representation.
Highlights of Shannon’s experience include:
- Drafted model bylaws for nonprofit hospitals, governmental hospitals, and hybrid nonprofit-governmental hospitals.
- Instructed clients how to best assist and treat patients brought to the hospital by law enforcement officers in order to remain compliant with both state law and federal EMTALA requirements.
Presentations and Publications
- Author, Married on Saturday and Fired on Monday: Hively v. Ivy Tech Community College: Resolving the Disconnect Under Title VII, 97 Neb. L. Rev. 225 (2018)
- Vibrant Health, Young Advisory Board Member, 2020-Present
- Dilley Pro Bono Project Volunteer, 2016-2018
- Céilí at the Crossroads Irish Dance Company
- Kansas Association of Hospital Attorneys
- Missouri Society of Health Care Attorneys
- Greater Kansas City Society of Healthcare Attorneys
- Order of the Coif
- Nebraska Law Review Executive Editor, 2018-2019
- Pro Bono Certificate, Gold Level
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Individual Income Tax
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award, Unfair Competition
Contact Shannon Bond at 913.327.5102 or email@example.com.