Scott Goldstein is a partner with Spencer Fane in Kansas City, Missouri, and is admitted to practice in the State of Missouri and the federal courts in Kansas. Scott’s practice concentrates in the areas of bankruptcy and reorganization for businesses, representation of secured creditors and creditors’ committees in workouts and bankruptcies, and bond default situations both in federal and state court.
Scott acted as debtor’s counsel in In Re Dick Simon Trucking, Inc., in the District of Utah, Central Division. Scott acted as debtor’s counsel in In Re Rocor International, Inc., in the Western District of Oklahoma and In Re Wire Rope Corporation of America, Incorporated, in the Western District of Missouri. Scott has acted on behalf of bond trustees in numerous receivership cases in state court, and was co-counsel to the bond trustee in In Re National Benevolent Association, in the Western District of Texas, and was counsel to the bond trustee (who was also the head of the unsecured creditors’ committee) in In Re Ormet Corporation, in the Southern District of Ohio.
Scott received his bachelor’s degree in accounting in 1977 and his law degree in 1980 from the University of Missouri-Columbia, where he served as an Editor of the Missouri Law Review. Scott has been consistently chosen as one of The Best Lawyers in America, Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law section, Super Lawyers, Bankruptcy & Creditor/Debtor Rights, Banking, Bonds/Government Finance and has for several years been honored as one of the “Best of the Bar” by the Kansas City Business Journal.
Scott was inducted into The American College of Bankruptcy in 2011. His selection for the College recognizes his professional excellence and exceptional contributions to the fields of bankruptcy and insolvency. Scott is a frequent lecturer and has published numerous articles on creditors’ and debtors’ rights issues.
Areas of Emphasis
- Bankruptcy and Reorganization for Individuals and Businesses
- Pre-Bankruptcy Planning
- Secured Creditor Representation
- Unsecured Creditors’ Committee Representation
- American Bar Association
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- American College of Bankruptcy
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- National Association of Bond Lawyers
- American College of Bankruptcy Fellow Class of 2011
- Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar – 2006, 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2016
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2005-2017
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2001-2018
Contact Scott Goldstein at 816.292.8218 or email@example.com.