Ryan Pulkrabek is an associate in the firm’s Environmental group who takes a client-centric approach to assisting businesses in the industrial and manufacturing space, and related sectors. While his key focus is navigating the complexities of environmental, health, and safety laws, Ryan also has extensive litigation experience that allows him to provide a comprehensive array of services and counseling for businesses that operate in heavily regulated industries. He has represented clients through environmental issues including recovering contribution in light of potential fraudulent transfers, claims alleging petroleum releases from underground storage tanks, and CERCLA litigation. Additionally, Ryan represents educational institutions regarding federal and state education laws, including the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act (IDEA), Section 504, and the Missouri Human Rights Act. Lastly, he has represented clients in the areas of banking litigation, loan enforcement, bankruptcy and creditors’ rights, title insurance, replevin, and mechanics’ liens.
Ryan has represented clients in proceedings in Missouri and Kansas at both the state and federal level, obtaining multiple judgments for his clients. Ryan has also successfully orchestrated favorable settlements through mediation, negotiation, and the use of other pretrial efforts.
During law school, Ryan worked for the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Program, where he researched legal issues affecting ocean and coastal areas on the Gulf Coast and drafted and edited articles on ocean and coastal issues for Water Log, a legal reporter of the Mississippi-Alabama Sea Grant Consortium, and for SandBar, a legal reporter for the National Sea Grant College Program.
Ryan’s experience includes:
- Navigated the bankruptcy process at its intersection with environmental law to ensure creditors’ environmental claims are afforded appropriate treatment
- Obtained judgment for title insurance company in action to clear cloud of title
- Utilized the discovery process to obtain necessary information to advance client’s pursuit of fraudulent transfers
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Co-Presenter, “Preserving Security Interests under the Food Security Act,” 2017.
- Co-Presenter, “Bankruptcy Preferences & Defenses, National Healthcare Manufacturers Credit Group,” 2016.
- Co-Presenter, “Use of Social Media in Credit Evaluation,” 2015.
- Author, “Clear Depictions Promote Clear Decisions: Drafting Abortion Speech-and-Display Statutes that Pass First and Fourteenth Amendment Muster,” Marquette Elder’s Advisor.
- Author, “Alligator Infestation: When Should a Property Owner Reasonably Discover It?” Water Log, 2013.
- Author, “Citizen Suit Utilized to Force Alabama Prison into Compliance,” Water Log, 2013.
- Author, “U.S. Supreme Court Issues Opinion in Regulatory Takings Case,” Sandbar, 2013.
- Author, “Borough of Harvey Cedars v. Karan – Breaking the Cost Barrier of Sea Rise Protection”, ABA SEER Marine Resources Committee Newsletter, 2013.
- Co-Author, “Aquifer Regulation in Texas Leads to Takings,” Water Log, 2013.
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Mississippi Law Journal, Associate Articles Editor
Contact Ryan Pulkrabek at 816.292.8140 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Ryan on LinkedIn.