Rosemary Orsini helps business clients avoid needless litigation in employment matters by advising on the creation of procedures and policies to prevent workplace violations and resulting claims. Rosemary’s breadth of experience spans all aspects of employment law, including sexual, racial, disability, lesbian, gay and transgender discrimination, sexual harassment, hostile work environment, whistle blower actions, retaliation and wrongful termination. She has litigated on an expansive set of matters, including the Family Medical Leave Act, employment agreements, contracts, non-competition agreements, trade secrets agreements and physician and executive contracts. Her work in litigation has resulted in numerous trial victories and favorable settlements.
She is sought by companies throughout the Denver area to advise on employment-related situations, including drafting and reviewing employment policies and procedures, as well as preventive counseling.
Rosemary also works closely with business clients to evaluate the issues that are the subject of litigation. She is widely experienced in counseling clients through these situations, and if required, litigating these disputes.
Highlights of Rosemary’s experience include:
- Successfully leveraged a client’s position to reach a beneficial settlement rather than engage in expensive and time consuming litigation
- Performs independent investigations for employers who are not clients of the firm
- Co-Lead Counsel – A verdict and judgment of more than $1.5 million on behalf of a special district against the former developer and President of two Colorado metropolitan districts
Presentations and Publications
- Contributor, Gender Identity and Sexual Orientation Discrimination in the Workplace: A Practical Guide
- Protection from Retaliation Expands to Include Worker’s Fiancé, Family members or Other Close Associates
- Are Your Personal Text Messages and Emails Private?
- EEOC Issues Final Regulations Prohibiting Genetic Information Discrimination
- Termination May be Discriminatory Even if Decision Maker was Unbiased
- National Labor Relations Board Rules That Venting on Facebook is Not Grounds for Firing
- Employee Protected from Retaliation for Oral Complaints About Violations of the Fair Labor Standards Act
- Final ADA Regulations Implementing the Americans With Disabilities Act
- Ms. Orsini was selected as a moderator for the panel presentation Emerging Issues – Today’s Big Fight in Civil Rights: Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity Discrimination that was presented at the 2013 National Employment Lawyers Annual Convention. She moderated the 2014 National Employment Lawyers Annual Convention on Rule 68 Offers of Judgment – What Happens When You Accept? What Happens When You Don’t?, Moderator, National Employment Lawyers Association, 2013
- AT&T Mobility v. Concepcion – Misconceptions about Employment Arbitration, presented to Labor and Employment Conference
- Presenter at NELA 2016 Affiliate Workshop
- Volunteer for KUSA Law Line 9
- Volunteer for English Springer Spaniel Rescue Association
- Colorado Bar Association (Member, Labor & Employment Law; Member, Civil Rights Committee)
- Denver Bar Association, Member
- Faculty of Federal Advocates
- Phi Alpha Delta, Legal Fraternity
- Sons of Italy
- The Best Lawyers in America® – Employment Law – Individuals, 2014-2019
- Colorado Super Lawyers®, Employment Law since 2009
- Colorado Italian American Primo Award Attorney of the Year, 2012
- Who’s Who in American Law
- Who’s Who in American Women
- Nominated for Fellowship in the American Bar Association
Contact Rosemary Orsini at 303.592.8305 or firstname.lastname@example.org.