Robb Preston is a real estate attorney, helping individuals, entrepreneurs and businesses by providing creative, economical and practical solutions to complex problems in connection with the acquisition, development, disposition, and leasing of real property, with an emphasis on hotels and shopping centers. He regularly negotiates and drafts complex legal documents, such as purchase and sale agreements, area development agreements, leases, easements, restrictive covenants and condominium declarations.
In additional to transactional work, Robb helps clients resolve legal disputes, including the interpretation and enforcement of subdivision indentures, complex title disputes, landlord/tenant disputes, and regulatory takings. He also represents clients in land-use issues, such as zoning amendments and appeals, subdivision and platting matters, conditional use permits and variances.
In addition, Robb helps developers obtain tax increment financing (TIF) and other forms of public financing, including tax abatement and the creation of community improvement districts and transportation development districts.
Highlights of Robb Preston’s experience include:
- Represented the developer of a large-scale commercial shopping center in connection with the negotiation of a maintenance and reciprocal easement agreement, leasing of retail space and the sale of out lots to national credit tenants
- Assisted a national real estate investment company in acquiring a portfolio of hotel properties in multiple states, including negotiation and documentation of purchase and sale agreements and due diligence
- Represented a hotel developer in connection with the negotiation of a redevelopment agreement with a municipal government that provided for, among other things, (i) the establishment of community improvement districts in order to offset infrastructure cots and (ii) real property tax abatement
To view Robb Preston’s additional representative experience, please click here.
- American Bar Association
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- Carlyle Sailing Association, Commodore
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Industrial Development Authority of University City, Missouri
- MICDS Alumni Association, Class Agent (Class of 1999)
- The Missouri Bar Association
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2014-2015
Contact Robb Preston at 314.333.3928 or firstname.lastname@example.org.