Rick Lageson has wide-ranging experience as inside and outside counsel to business entities involved in manufacturing, wholesale distribution, health care, financial services, internet services, mining and trading and transportation of oil and other commodities. He has lead trial and lead appellate attorney experience in cases involving antitrust, banking, corporate governance, trade secret, oil and commodities trading, federal income tax, premises liability, professional negligence and wrongful death proceedings. His experience as corporate counsel is of particular benefit to clients involved in disputes arising out of merger and acquisition transactions or corporate governance issues.
He has been lead counsel in numerous proceedings that resulted in reported decisions, including litigation involving:
- Defense of premises liability claims
- Defense of Sherman Act conspiracy claims against trade association and others, and
- Prosecution of claim for return of estate taxes paid under protest.
- In addition to his law firm experience, he served for a time as inside legal counsel to a large privately held oil trading, refining and distribution enterprise. He has represented Fortune 100 companies, privately held businesses, trade associations and not-for-profit entities in their litigation and business affairs, and in many instances has enjoyed acting as outside general counsel to these clients over the course of 20 or more years.
- Understanding the Benefits and Risks Arising Out of IP Disputes and Planning for ADR to Resolve Those Disputes. Aspatore Books, July 2008.
- Mr. Lageson has made numerous presentations to a variety of audiences on subjects ranging from establishing and preserving privileged communications to protection of trade secrets.
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Chairman, Board of Directors – Great Rivers Environmental Law Center
- Director – Bridges Foundation, Inc.
- AV Rated Martindale Hubbell
Contact Rick Lageson at 314.333.3913 or email@example.com.