Randi Winter helps her clients achieve favorable litigation outcomes with respect to business, employment, and licensing disputes. She also represents clients in matters involving health law, employee benefits, labor law, and utility law. She is experienced in all facets of litigation and arbitration, but has particularly enjoyed helping clients, both large and small, obtain trial victories before judges and juries in federal and state court.
A large component of Randi’s practice is focused on helping commercial clients navigate complex, multi-party and multi-claim litigation. She has played an active role in the prosecution and defense of cases involving claims of contractual indemnification, fraud, and anti-trust violations. Throughout her career, Randi has litigated many disputes surrounding mortgage origination practices.
Another area of focus for Randi involves helping clients navigate sensitive and contentious employment disputes, particularly the defense of claims alleging discrimination and retaliation. Her employment practice also entails noncompete litigation, providing general employment law advice, and helping individual and business clients negotiate employment agreements. Randi has found that successful client advocacy requires preparedness, enthusiasm, and a willingness to think outside the box.
Highlights of Randi’s experience include:
- Obtained a complete defense verdict on a claim of age discrimination following a two-week jury trial in federal court.
- Obtained a favorable summary judgment outcome in a multi-million dollar claim of contractual indemnification against a mortgage originator.
- Successfully argued before the Minnesota Court of Appeals for the affirmance of a summary judgment decision in favor of an employer dismissing an employee’s retaliatory discharge claim.
To view additional experience, please click here.
Presentations and Publications
- “Removing a Case to Federal Court: Navigating Substantive and Procedural Requirements, Pleadings, Motion Practice, and More,” Strafford, August 2017
- “Civil Litigation A to Z: Case Management-Removal and Remand,” Minnesota CLE, May 2017
- “9 Strategies for Succeeding in Your Next Deposition,” Minnesota CLE, December 2014
- Contributing Author, “Interplay with Other Laws and with Company Policies,” The ADA Handbook: Employment Practices Under the Americans with Disabilities Act, May 2013
- Contributing Author, The FMLA Handbook, First Edition, Minnesota CLE, 2012
- Contributing Author, Minnesota Employment Law Report, 2012-2017
- Co-Author, Summary Guide to Construction Defect Claims, Minnesota CLE, 2011
- Co-Author, “Revisiting Tri-State and Bayview’s Skeletons: The Legal Lessons Learned From Two Outrageous Examples of Crematory Misconduct,” 2010
- Southern Minnesota Regional Legal Services, Volunteer Attorney
- Member of the Hamline University Paralegal Advisory Board
- Hamline University Mock Trial, Volunteer Judge
- Co-Director of the Ramsey County Bar Association’s Judges’ Dinner Committee
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
- Ramsey County Bar Association
- Selected for inclusion in Super Lawyers® Rising Stars, 2014-2018
Contact Randi Winter at 612.268.7007 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Randi on LinkedIn.