Peg Donahue Hall has spent her 30-year legal career working hand in glove with clients to counsel them in assessing risk and efficiently resolving thorny business and legal issues – whether by negotiation, litigation, or other dispute resolution mechanisms. Peg’s work spans a broad base of industries. She has represented companies offering products and services in the life sciences, telecommunications and technology, real estate, insurance, automotive, hospitality and finance and banking sectors. While often called upon by clients to assist with pre-dispute risk assessment and resolution, Peg has had a lengthy career representing clients before US federal and state courts, in single and multi-district litigation and consolidated actions (including class actions). Peg has significant experience in domestic and international arbitration tribunals, and in alternative dispute resolution settings, such as mediations.
Peg has handled all manner of business disputes, ranging from anti-competitive claims, breach of contract and fraud, disputes among business partners, breach of fiduciary duty, business torts, false advertising, and other commercial law claims.
She has extensive experience representing manufacturers in the life sciences and related industries when disputes arise involving the safety and efficacy of their products – often requiring identification and mastery of complex scientific and medical issues. Peg also has significant experience handling pricing, marketing and advertising, false claims act, and commercial disputes for her life sciences clients.
She represents and advises employers in all aspects of their relationship with their employees. This includes counseling, as well as litigation matters involving federal and state employment statutes and state law tort claims.
Peg works to protect her clients’ intellectual property, advising and handling disputes regarding trademarks, trade secrets, violation of nondisclosure and other non-competition agreements. She handles disputes regarding software development, ownership, licensing and implementation.
Examples of the depth and breadth of Peg’s experience include:
- Lead counsel for complex cross border ICC arbitration for a specialty pharmaceuticals manufacturer involving its Indian supplier of active pharmaceutical ingredients. Matter, which was successfully arbitrated in New York, involved related proceedings in the Singapore High Court and in Florida state courts.
- Represented two large vineyards in connection with the defense of lawsuits brought by their Texas, Louisiana, and Oklahoma distributors for alleged unlawful cancellation of distribution agreements. Both cases settled on extremely favorable terms following the filing of dispositive motions.
- Lead counsel for provider of insurance and health programs in connection with dispute with former employees and competitor. Obtained injunctive relief that led to favorable settlement.
- Lead counsel for owner of women and minority-owned restaurant business in dispute with minority interest holder. Negotiated quick and favorable settlement.
- Hired post-arbitration to represent the US subsidiary and its Chinese parent company in connection with proceedings in Dallas Federal Court seeking to overturn a multi-million dollar arbitration award entered against the entities in connection with a dispute with US co-investors in wind energy.
- Successfully enforced, in a Texas Federal Court, a Hong Kong arbitration award made in favor of a Chinese entity against a multi-national company with offices in Houston, Texas.
- Lead counsel for large financial institution in connection with several Texas disputes brought by investors in hedge funds following the 2007-2008 financial downturn. Obtained successful settlements shortly after dispositive motions were filed.
- Provided advice and counsel, as well as litigation support, in connection with anti-competitive behavior by client’s competitors, including claims brought under the federal Lanham Act and related state laws.
- Represented several large pharmaceutical manufacturers in pricing litigation initiated by federal, state and local government entities across the country.
- Represented pharmaceutical manufacturers in suits brought by Qui Tam Relators in various jurisdictions alleging federal False Claims Act and related state causes of action regarding the sale, pricing and reimbursement of pharmaceutical products.
- Served as national coordinating and lead trial counsel for pharmaceutical company in hundreds of individual and proposed class action litigations across the US as a result of its manufacture of allegedly oversized tablets. Effectively managed the resources available to defend the cases, avoiding spiraling discovery costs despite the fact that the cases were not consolidated into a multi-district litigation (MDL).
- Defeated class certification after discovery, briefing, and argument in the Circuit Court of the City of St. Louis for pharmaceutical company in which the alleged class claimed economic injury based upon their purchase of a large number of drugs that were later recalled.
- Served as national coordinating and lead trial counsel for large pharmaceutical company in hundreds of product liability claims relating to laxative products in which numerous defendants were sued. Following early summary judgment success on a key case, achieved an extremely satisfactory settlement, allowing the company to exit the cases years earlier than the remaining defendants.
- Served as Texas counsel for several large pharmaceutical companies for individual and collective product liability claims involving cough-cold medications, products treating Parkinson’s disease, anti-inflammatories, pain medication, and birth control products.
- Provided advice and counsel and handle, when necessary, employment disputes for various corporate clients over a 30-year period, including disputes relating to anti-discrimination laws, as well as claims relating to theft of trade secrets and injunction matters involving departing employees; also handled negotiations for executive employment agreements.
- Handled numerous commercial disputes in various industry sectors, including automotive, software, computer hardware, telecommunications, construction, financial and services sectors.
- Provided ongoing advice relating to the risk associated with clients’ products in a wide range of sectors; provided practical advice on mitigation of risk, product labeling, product claims processes and procedures, product recalls, and interfacing with various government and regulatory agencies.
- State Bar of Texas
- American Bar Association
- Member, Dallas Bar Association
- Board member and former board chair, Dallas Convention and Visitors Bureau, now VisitDallas
- Former chair, North Dallas Chamber of Commerce
- Recognized as leading practitioner in Life Sciences, Expert Guides: Guide to the World’s Leading Women in Business Law, 2014-2015
- Recommended by The Legal 500 in the area of Life Sciences, 2013-2016
- Selected as “Top Rated Lawyer” in Labor and Employment by Fortune magazine, 2014
- Recognized as a “Life Sciences Star” for outstanding work in the area of litigation, LMG Life Sciences, 2012-2015
- Named a “Best Lawyer in Dallas” by D Magazine in 2011
Contact Peg Donahue Hall at 214.459.5882 or firstname.lastname@example.org.