Paul counsels clients through a variety of environmental and occupational safety challenges. He frequently interacts with the EPA, OSHA, and state environmental quality and workplace safety agencies. In the environmental context, Paul helps clients comply with all major federal statutes, defends against agency enforcement efforts, provides guidance about long-term site cleanup projects, and helps litigate CERCLA cost-recovery and contribution actions. Paul helps clients with immediate and long-term responses to environmental disasters, including matters that implicate EPA’s complex Risk Management Plan regulation. Paul also helps clients ensure compliance with Proposition 65 product labeling requirements.
In the workplace safety context, Paul provides compliance assistance and enforcement defense for a wide range of topics, including Chemical Process Safety Management, complex industrial hygiene matters, fatality-response, fall protection, electrical protection, and more.
Although Paul’s practice is focused on environmental and workplace safety matters, he collaborates with Spencer Fane attorneys that specialize in other legal areas to serve his clients’ needs.
Paul is on the Board of Directors for the Midwest Section of the Air & Waste Management Association. While at the University of Missouri School of Law, Paul served as managing editor of the Missouri Law Review.
Presentations and Publications
- Presenter, Working with Environmental Regulations, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, 2020 Young Professionals Conference (October 2020)
- Presenter, Regulatory Review and Forecast, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, Annual Conference (October 2019)
- Presenter, Hazardous Waste Generator Improvements Rule, Air & Waste Management Association, Midwest Section, Annual Technical Conference (February, 2017) View Presentation
- Author, Promoting “Normalcy” for Foster Children: The Preventing Sex Trafficking and Strengthening Families Act, 81 Mo. L. Rev. (2016)
- Graduated magna cum laude and as a member of the Order of the Coif from the University of Missouri School of Law.
Contact Paul Jacobson at 816.292.8314 or firstname.lastname@example.org.