Pat McLaughlin has successfully litigated a broad array of disputes at both the trial and appellate court levels in federal and state courts in Missouri, Illinois and elsewhere. Pat’s practice is focused on resolving, through litigation or otherwise, commercial and business disputes, including contract actions, shareholder disputes, construction and real estate issues, supply chain disputes, product liability cases, as well as employment, non-compete, unfair competition, trade secret and intellectual property matters. Pat also has significant experience representing creditors in troubled asset, workout and collection matters.
A large part of his practice is also devoted to defending clients against individual and class action consumer cases, including claims brought under the Fair Debt Collection Practices Act (FDCPA), the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA), the Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), the Electronic Fund Transfer Act (EFTA), and various state law consumer causes of action.
In addition, Pat has successfully defended manufacturers in product liability and warranty actions and other businesses in negligence and premises liability cases. He has significant experience representing property owners and managers in real estate disputes, including commercial and residential lease enforcement actions and claims involving title companies. He has represented owners, general contractors and subcontractors in commercial and residential construction disputes, including mechanic’s lien actions and construction defect claims. Pat also has substantial experience in probate and trust litigation.
Highlights of Pat McLaughlin’s experience include:
- Golan et al. v. Courage, 2012 LLC, et al: Successfully defended owner of a movie in a class action seeking to impose vicarious liability for 3.2 million robo calls in violation of the TCPA. Plaintiff sought damages in excess of $1.6 billion. Resulted in dismissal of case following the close of all evidence after a seven day jury trial.
- Bruce Martin Construction Co., Inc. v. CTB, Inc.: Obtained dismissal of a negligent misrepresentation claim and summary judgment on a product warranty claim on behalf of a manufacturer of grain handling equipment. Successfully represented client in the trial court and on appeal to the Eighth Circuit.
- M & K Chemical Engineering Consultants, Inc. v. Mallinckrodt, Inc.: Obtained dismissal of claim for unpaid engineering services in construction dispute. Successfully represented client in the trial court and on appeal to the Missouri Court of Appeals.
To view Pat McLaughlin’s additional experience, please click here.
- Co-Chair of Consumer Finance Subcommittee, American Bar Association, Section of Litigation
- ACA International
- Missouri Collector’s Association
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar
- Illinois State Bar Association
- The Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis (BAMSL)
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2008, Rising Star, 2013
Contact Pat McLaughlin at 314.333.3906 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Pat on LinkedIn.