As a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, Patrick McAndrews helps financial institutions navigate the complex world of litigation. Whether it’s defending them against statutory violations or prosecuting claims on their behalf, Patrick quickly and effectively litigates cases so that the client can get back to focusing on running a successful business.
He has honed his litigation skills over the years by preparing numerous class action cases for trial. Those cases principally involved claims asserted against financial and lending institutions, nationwide retailers and international biotech companies. Patrick’s success in those cases is aided by his innate ability to synthesize complicated facts and legal theories into digestible form that makes a compelling case to judges and juries.
Patrick also leverages the knowledge he obtained from his judicial clerkship to help his clients in the courtroom. This experience provided him with an understanding of how judges review and rule on cases. He uses what he learned from behind the bench to effectively advance his client’s position in court.
Highlights of Patrick McAndrews’ experience include:
- Defended a venture capitalist and his company in a lease dispute at a bench trial in Jackson County, Missouri and successfully presented evidence establishing the existence of affirmative defenses.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling for a Kansas healthcare provider in a breach of contract dispute.
- Negotiated a six-figure buyout for a minority shareholder of a Kansas corporation.
- Prosecuted blue sky law violations on behalf of several banking instructions and successfully negotiated a lucrative out-of-court settlement.
- Keeping Score: How Universities Can Comply with Title IX Without Eliminating Men’s Collegiate Athletic Programs, B.Y.U Educ. & L.J. 111 (2012).
- “Setting the Stage for the Next Generation of Attorneys,” KC Counselor Magazine 21, no. 7 (August 2012).
- “iPad’s for the Modern Day iJudge,” KC Counselor Magazine 20, no. 8 (September 2011).
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Ambassador, Nelson-Atkins Museum, Young Friends of the Arts
- Hope House Young Professionals
- Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association
- Kansas State University Alumni Association
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2014 – 2017
- Vice Chair, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Mentor Program, 2012-2013
- 2012 Graduate of the Bar Leadership Academy
- Director, Inter-Fraternity Council, 2005-2006
- President, Sigma Chi Fraternity, 2005
- Miller Scholarship Recipient
Contact Patrick McAndrews at 816.292.8376 or firstname.lastname@example.org.