As a member of the Litigation and Dispute Resolution team, Patrick McAndrews helps small and medium size businesses resolve complex legal disputes quickly and efficiently so that the client can get back to focusing on running a successful business. Whether it’s a contractual dispute with vendor, an issue with a competitor, or a statutory compliance concern, Patrick uses his skills and experience to negotiate advantageous and effective settlements for his clients. In the event the dispute becomes a lawsuit, Patrick helps his clients navigate the complex world of litigation.
He has honed his negotiation and litigation skills over the years by preparing numerous cases for mediation, arbitration and trial. Those cases principally involved claims asserted by financial and lending institutions, retailers, distributors, and professional service firms. Patrick’s success in those cases is aided by his innate ability to synthesize complicated facts, legal theories and damage calculations into digestible form that makes a compelling case to judges and juries.
Patrick also leverages the knowledge he obtained from his judicial clerkship to help his clients in the courtroom. This experience provided him with an understanding of how judges review and rule on cases. He uses what he learned from behind the bench to effectively advance his client’s position in court.
Highlights of Patrick McAndrews’ experience include:
- Defended medical auditing company in a contractual dispute with a vendor at a jury trial in San Francisco, California, and successfully reduced the financial exposure to the client.
- Successfully prosecuted a breach of a non-competition agreement on behalf of a technology firm at a bench trial in the U.S. District Court of Kansas.
- Obtained favorable summary judgment ruling on behalf of a lender against a default borrower, and within weeks executed on the judgment recovering the full amount due on the loan.
- Defended a venture capitalist and his company in a lease dispute at a bench trial in Jackson County, Missouri and successfully presented evidence establishing the existence of affirmative defenses.
- Negotiated a six-figure buyout for a minority shareholder of a Kansas corporation.
- Prosecuted blue sky law violations on behalf of several banking instructions and successfully negotiated a lucrative out-of-court settlement.
Publications and Presentations
- “Blockchain, Cryptocurrency & Discovery,” LDR Practice Group Meeting Presentation (June 28, 2018).
- Keeping Score: How Universities Can Comply with Title IX Without Eliminating Men’s Collegiate Athletic Programs, B.Y.U Educ. & L.J. 111 (2012).
- “Setting the Stage for the Next Generation of Attorneys,” KC Counselor Magazine 21, no. 7 (August 2012).
- “iPad’s for the Modern Day iJudge,” KC Counselor Magazine 20, no. 8 (September 2011).
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Tomorrow Program (Class of 2019), KC Civic Council
- Ambassador, Nelson-Atkins Museum, Young Friends of the Arts
- Michigan State University College of Law Alumni Association
- Kansas State University Alumni Association
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri and Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Stars, 2014 – 2018
- Vice Chair, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association Mentor Program, 2012-2013
- 2012 Graduate of the Bar Leadership Academy
- Director, Inter-Fraternity Council
- President, Sigma Chi Fraternity
- Miller Scholarship Recipient
Contact Patrick McAndrews at 816.292.8376 or email@example.com.