Orren Adams is known for his sincere interest in helping clients pursue opportunities and overcome challenges to succeed in business. He dedicates his career assisting both large national corporations and closely held family enterprises work through and close mergers, acquisitions, divestitures, and financial reorganizations in the private, not for profit, and ESOP sectors.
Orren has extensive experience working in the healthcare industry having been involved in many high-profile health care related transactions, including the integration of hospital systems and the transfer and financing of home health, assisted living, skilled nursing, and hospice facilities on a national platform having served as a lead counsel in transaction values exceeding $1 billion dollars. Orren also has extensive experience in the manufacturing, real estate, and venture capital industries having served as a lead counsel in transaction values exceeding $1 billion dollars.
In addition his daily practice, Orren earned a Masters of Tax Law with a focus in Corporate, Partnership, and International Taxation from Boston University and he has continued his relationship with the academic field as an adjunct professor in Washington University’s LL.M Tax program, as a co-author of the Missouri Bar Estate Planning Desk Book (Drafting Business Purchase and Restrictive Transfer Agreements), and a speaker discussing topics including mergers and acquisitions and family business succession planning, all to stay engaged and informed with the latest trends in corporate transactions.
Areas of Focus
- Mergers, Acquisitions, and Divestitures
- Financial Reorganizations / Syndicated Financing
- Venture Capital Funds
- Woman, Minority, and Veteran Owned Businesses
Representative Speaking Engagements
- Commercial Contracting and Uniform Commercial Code Considerations presented to the US Department of Commerce (IRP & Technological Commercialization Delegation)
- Business Succession Planning for Closing Held Businesses presented to the Associate General Counsel of Saint Louis, Missouri
- Skilled Nursing Facility Transactions and Significant Negotiated Tension Points presented as a podcast for the American Health Law Association
- LLM in Taxation, Boston University, focused on corporate, partnership, and international in and out bound taxation
- Adjunct Professor, Washington University School of Law, LLM Tax Program (Four years)
- Co-Author of the Missouri Bar Estate Planning Desk Book; Chapter on Drafting Business Purchase and Restrictive Transfer Agreements (Current Edition)
- The Best Lawyers in America, 2022
Contact Orren Adams at 314.333.3931 or email@example.com.