Nicole Karam is a diligent business litigator dedicated to responding to each client’s needs and achieving the best outcome possible. Her relentless work ethic and reliability under pressure benefit her clients whether she is serving as a fierce advocate in the courtroom or negotiating practical compromises to solve disputes before litigation becomes necessary.
Nicole has experience handling commercial litigation and arbitration matters in Texas and across the country, including disputes that arise from bankruptcy and receivership proceedings involving fraud, contract claims, breach of fiduciary duties, fraudulent transfers, and professional malpractice. Clients also rely on Nicole to resolve disputes concerning a variety of other challenging areas, ranging from deceptive trade practices, trade secret theft and non-compete agreements, to intellectual property infringement and defense of environmental actions brought by the EPA and state agencies.
Locally, Nicole guides clients through the eminent domain process and helps to resolve other real property disputes as they arise. In so doing, Nicole represents both condemning authorities and landowners throughout Texas, helping condemning authorities acquire property to be used for various public purposes, and assisting individual property owners with government acquisition of private property for infrastructure needs.
Highlights of Nicole’s experience include:
- Represented two senior executives in jury trial involving breach of contract; the multi-million-dollar lawsuit stemmed from a merger which triggered payments owed to each executive under their respective employment contracts
- Represented Fortune 500 company against its former outside counsel in litigation involving breach of contract and breach of fiduciary duties
- Represented manufacturer against former employee in litigation involving misappropriation of trade secrets, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duties
- Defended Fortune 500 company in lawsuits across the country relating to contaminated drinking water from PFCs (PFOA and PFOS)
- Defended oil company against state and federal authorities in connection with environmental contamination resulting from oil spills
- Pursued claims on behalf of Bankruptcy Trustee in litigation involving alleged fraudulent transfer, breach of contract, and breach of fiduciary duties
- Dallas Representative, University of Rochester Alumni Relations (2017 – present)
- Member, Attorneys Serving the Community (2017 – present)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers
- 2020 Leadership Class
- Member (2017– present)
- Wellness Committee Co-Chair (2017 – present)
- Freedom Run Committee Co-Chair (2019 – present)
- Dallas Bar Association (2017 – present)
- Dallas Women Lawyers Association (2017 – present)
- State Bar of Texas (2017 – present)
- State Bar of New York (2016 – present)
- Dallas Association of Young Lawyers, One to Watch (Jan. 2021)
- Texas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star (2020-2021)
- Albany Law School of Union University
- Albany Law Review, Associate Editor (2014–2015)
- Dean Sponsler Honors Teaching Fellowship (2013)
Contact Nicole Karam at 214.459.5883 or email@example.com.