Misty Segura assists clients in a variety of industries with all aspects of bankruptcy matters and enforcement of creditors’ rights. Her work in Chapter 11 and Chapter 7 cases has involved representing secured creditors (including lenders and mechanic and materialmen lienholders), trustees, landlords, and general unsecured creditors. Misty has also defended clients against bankruptcy preference and fraudulent transfer claims. Her background in commercial and bankruptcy litigation enables her to protect her clients’ interests when a consensual resolution to a dispute is not possible.
Highlights of Misty’s experience include:
- Represented liquidating trustee in 65+ bankruptcy adversary proceedings, including preference actions, collection of debtors’ accounts receivable and administration of proofs of claim.
- Represented commercial lender with secured claim exceeding $28 million in Chapter 11 bankruptcy case. Involved in the liquidation of heavy construction equipment and recovery of other collateral.
- Represented secured creditors in a hotly contested bankruptcy case, including assistance with establishing the sales process and parameters, as well as obtaining bankruptcy court approval of the sales and the plan of reorganization.
- Represents creditors in connection with collection cases and bankruptcy matters, including but not limited to foreclosures, meetings of creditors, Rule 2004 examinations, motions for relief from the automatic stay, motions for adequate protection, cash collateral hearings, section 363 sale motions, plan confirmation hearings, motions to assume or reject executory contracts, fraudulent transfer, preference, and nondischargeability adversary proceedings, filing proofs of claim, defense of claim objections, appeals to the U.S. District Court and Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals, and other proceedings.
- Houston Bar Association
- Bankruptcy Law Section of the State Bar of Texas
- Federal Bar Association
- Texas Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Moller-Foltz American Inn of Court, Executive Committee Member
- 2015 and 2016 Rising Star in Bankruptcy Law in Texas by Super Lawyers®
- H Texas Magazine (Top Lawyers, Bankruptcy: 2014, 2015)
Contact Misty Segura at 713.212.2643 or firstname.lastname@example.org.