Mike Seitz is an experienced litigator who helps clients navigate complex civil litigation and appellate matters throughout the country.
Mike has handled cases with aggregate claims exceeding several billion dollars in potential liability and has experience in many areas affecting business clients, including ownership disputes, copyright and trade secret litigation, professional malpractice, fraud and unfair competition, racketeering, the False Claims Act, real estate disputes, and employment litigation. Mike guides clients through litigation at minimum cost and exposure, so they can concentrate on moving their business forward.
Mike also defends businesses in class action lawsuits. He has defended class actions for retailers, banks, and other businesses in both state and federal courts. Mike’s class action clients include both local businesses and Fortune 500 companies.
In addition to his work for business clients, Mike helps law firms and attorneys facing legal malpractice claims. Mike has defended law firms and attorneys in high-stakes and high-profile litigation, with the potential for severe financial consequences, negative press coverage, and reputational damage.
Highlights of Mike’s experience include:
- Won a complete defense judgment in a nationwide class action seeking over $700 million in damages from a national retailer.
- Represented a public university in a bench and jury trial involving nine-figure damages claims against a major actuarial and consulting firm for malpractice and False Claims Act violations.
- Won dismissal with prejudice of claimed Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) violations for healthcare industry clients.
- Obtained a favorable result for a technology company facing computer fraud claims.
- Represented television studios in high-profile employment litigation, accounting and contract disputes, and copyright and trade secret cases.
- Defended real estate companies and financial institutions in complex consumer class actions.
- Obtained a favorable result for a law firm client facing a nine-figure damages claim alleging legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Represented banks and investment funds in actions against debtors for violating the Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of toxic tort claims against an international food company and successfully defended against appeal.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in a commercial real estate dispute.
- Defended a large, privately owned food company against claims for involuntary dissolution.
- Represented an international energy company in its defense against a multibillion dollar foreign country judgment.
- Defended local businesses and religious organizations in employment discrimination lawsuits.
Contact Mike Seitz at 816.292.8277 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Mike on LinkedIn.