Mike Seitz is an experienced litigator who represents clients in complex civil litigation and appellate matters. Clients call Mike to help with their most complicated and challenging issues.
Mike has handled cases with aggregate claims exceeding several billion dollars in potential liability and has experience in many areas affecting business clients, including contract law, copyright and trade secret litigation, class actions, professional malpractice, accounting disputes, fraud and unfair competition, racketeering, the False Claims Act, real estate disputes, and employment litigation. Mike guides clients through litigation at minimum cost and exposure, so they can concentrate on moving their business forward.
Mike also helps law firms and attorneys facing legal malpractice claims. Mike has defended law firms and attorneys in high-stakes and high-profile litigation, often with the potential for severe financial consequences, negative press coverage, and reputational damage. Mike enjoys working with sophisticated and knowledgeable law firm clients to devise strategies that match their interests.
Highlights of Mike’s experience include:
- Represented a public university system in a bench and jury trial involving claims against a major actuarial and consulting firm for breach of contract, professional malpractice, and False Claims Act violations.
- Obtained a favorable result for a technology company facing computer fraud claims.
- Represented television studios in high-profile employment litigation, accounting and contract disputes, and copyright and trade secret cases.
- Defended several businesses and financial institutions in complex consumer class actions.
- Obtained a favorable result for a law firm client facing a nine-figure damages claim alleging legal malpractice and breach of fiduciary duty.
- Defended several business and healthcare clients against claimed violations of the Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO).
- Represented banks and investment funds in actions against debtors for violating the Uniform Fraudulent Transfers Act.
- Secured dismissal with prejudice of toxic tort claims against an international food company and successfully defended against appeal.
- Represented a sovereign wealth fund in a commercial real estate dispute.
- Defended a large, privately owned food company against claims for involuntary dissolution.
- Represented an international energy company in its global defense against a multibillion dollar foreign country judgment.
Contact Mike Seitz at 816.292.8277 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Mike on LinkedIn.