As Co-Chair of the firm’s Business Transactions Practice Group, Mike McCann has represented several of the region’s largest and most well-regarded companies through business decisions, mergers, and acquisitions that pave the way for their continued growth and success. He was recently recognized for his representation of Boulevard Brewing Company, one of the region’s largest breweries, in its sale to Duvel Moortgat, an independent craft brewer based in Belgium. Since that transaction, Mike has represented a number of craft brewers, including 10 Barrel Brewing Company (Bend, Oregon), Firestone Walker Brewing Company (Paso Robles, California), Four Peaks Brewing Company (Tempe, Arizona), Hop Valley Brewing Company (Eugene, Oregon), Terrapin Beer Company (Athens, Georgia), Revolver Brewing (Granbury, Texas) and Spiked Seltzer (Norwalk, Connecticut), in key transactions with Anheuser-Busch, MillerCoors and Duvel Moortgat.
Mike’s personal knowledge of his clients and their businesses allows him to provide services customized to meet their unique and particular needs. He has extensive experience guiding clients through mergers and acquisitions as well as a wide range of financings including private placements, venture capital/private equity investments and traditional debt financings. Mike also represents a large number of trade associations and other nonprofit entities, and regularly deals with the tax, antitrust and other issues that those entities face.
Additionally, Mike advises on corporate structure and family succession planning, compliance with federal and state securities laws, corporate governance, executive compensation arrangements, licensing and other business agreements and negotiated resolutions of business disputes.
Mike also serves as outside general counsel to a number of mid-market companies, helping them with their day-to-day matters, including drafting and reviewing contracts, risk avoidance, resolving disputes and other general business advice.
Highlights of Mike McCann’s experience include:
- Represented a private media holding company in its $350 million sale of multiple cable television systems located in several states to a strategic purchaser.
- Represented TouchNet Information Systems in its $375 million sale to Heartland Payment Systems.
- Represented Boulevard Brewing Company (then the nation’s 12th largest craft beer brewer) in its sale to Duvel Moortgat, which was the largest craft brewer transaction completed at the time as well as the first purchase of a domestic craft brewer by an international buyer.
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Society of Association Executives
- Kansas City Society of Association Executives
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2005, 2011-2017
- Recognized as one of Kansas City’s “Best of the Bar” by the Kansas City Business Journal
Contact Mike McCann at 816.292.8110 or firstname.lastname@example.org.