As a member of the Spencer Fane’s Health Care and Litigation teams, Mike Saunders helps physicians, physician groups, hospitals and other business owners solve complex business problems before and after lawsuits are filed.
Mike has worked with a wide variety of individual business owners, including hospital administrators, physician groups, trade associations, and condominium associations to enforce contracts, protect intellectual property, and comply with state and federal antitrust laws. In each case, Mike works closely with key decision makers to formulate and implement the most cost effective solution to each problem – including, when necessary, trials in federal and state courts.
Highlights of Mike Saunders’ experience include:
- Following a two-week jury trial, successfully defended a physician group and seven individual members of its Board of Directors against claims that they had violated state antitrust laws and breached fiduciary duties owed to a former shareholder.
- In response to an expedited judicial action initiated by a competitor in an Ohio federal court, successfully defended a local business owner against claims that his company had obtained and was improperly using a competitor’s trade secrets.
- Prior to the commencement of expensive discovery, successfully resolved federal antitrust claims asserted by a product designer against a national sporting club.
- American Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
- American Health Lawyers Association
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2006-2008, 2012-2018
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2016-2020
- The Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year (2018), Antitrust Law
Contact Mike Saunders at 913.327.5170 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Mike on LinkedIn.