- Assisting a commercial client in defending and ultimately obtaining the dismissal of a case involving breach of contract and numerous other claims alleging approximately $10 million in damages relating to the termination of a lease at the Kansas Army Ammunition Plant.
- Serving as special condemnation counsel to the City of Lee’s Summit, Missouri.
- Pursuing litigation to condemn oil and gas interests.
- Obtaining a jury award for $1 million in damages, plus statutory interest, in a highly-contested condemnation matter involving the taking of access by a local municipality and a state department of transportation for which the pre-appeal appraisers’ award was $530,000.
- Serving as trial counsel and obtaining a $500,000 judgment in favor of the client, which was later affirmed by the Kansas Supreme Court, in a condemnation matter involving the apportionment of an appraisers’ award pursuant to a commercial lease.
- Obtaining an appraisers’ award for a commercial client that was roughly $800,000 above what was offered by the condemning authority.
- Resolving an eminent domain matter for a local developer for roughly $500,000 above what was initially offered by the condemning authority.
- Assisting a client in the healthcare industry in connection with contracts with its customers, labor and employment issues, and general corporate matters.
- Representing a client in the purchase of an established and well-respected service company, including work to structure and complete the transaction.
- Assisting a client in the sale of significant business interests, in starting a new company, and with related intellectual property matters.