Melissa Posner Jarrett is a labor and employment attorney who collaborates with employers to ensure that policies and procedures adhere to applicable laws and regulations. She has also defended employers in litigation involving various labor and employment issues, including cases associated with National Labor Relations Act, Title VII, Americans with Disabilities Act, Family Medical Leave Act and Equal Pay Act matters in both state and federal courts and federal administrative agencies.
Before entering private practice, Melissa externed for the Honorable Stephen McNamee of the United States District Court for the District of Arizona. She then served as a law clerk to the Honorable Peter Swann of the Arizona Court of Appeals of the Arizona Court of Appeals, Division 1, and to the Honorable Robert Brutinel of the Arizona Supreme Court.
Highlights of Melissa’s experience include:
- Obtained summary judgment for an employer on claims alleging violations under the Americans With Disabilities Act and Fair Employment and Housing Act in California.
- Assisted in conducting an internal investigation on allegations of hostile work environment for a publicly traded company.
- Regularly represents employers in responding to administrative charges of discrimination filed by current and former employees.
- Regularly counsels employers on employment policies and day-to-day issues that arise.
Presentations and Publications
- Editor, “Employment at Will: A State-by-State Survey, Second Edition and 2018 Supplement”
- Editor, “Independent Contractors: Arizona, Practical Law Labor & Employment,” 2018
- CLE Committee of the Arizona State Bar Labor & Employment Section
- Arizona State Law Journal, Editor-in-Chief
- 2011–2012 Executive Moot Court Board
- Inducted into Order of the Barristers
- Rebecca & Michael Berch Scholar Alumni Association Scholarship
- 2012 Dean’s Award
- Highest Pro Bono Distinction
- Pedrick Scholar
- CALI Award — Advanced Legal Research
- Phi Beta Kappa
Contact Melissa Posner Jarrett at 602.333.5448 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Melissa on LinkedIn.