Matthew Wine is a member of the firm’s Real Estate group. Matthew focuses his practice on commercial and residential real estate development, tax credit incentive financing related to commercial and affordable housing developments, state and federal regulatory counseling, financial services, and general construction and development matters.
Matthew graduated cum laude from the University of Notre Dame Law School where he earned multiple academic Dean’s Awards and was also the recipient of the John E. Krupnick Award for excellence in trial advocacy and the H. King Williams Memorial Award for contribution to building community within the law school. He received his bachelor’s degree in Business Administration from Truman State University and his Masters of Business Administration from William Woods University. Matthew also completed the Graduate School of Banking program at the University of Wisconsin-Madison.
Matthew began his legal career as an associate in Kansas City with an international law firm where he was a member of the construction and energy litigation practice and was involved in general real estate, construction, and insurance litigation matters. Immediately prior to joining Spencer Fane, Matthew served as an attorney with the Missouri Housing Development Commission where he facilitated tax credit incentive financed affordable housing developments in addition to handling state and federal regulatory matters.
Highlights of Matthew’s experience include:
- Facilitated the administration of state and federal tax credits related to multiple 4% and 9% LIHTC developments.
- Represented state housing agency in state and federal regulatory compliance matters.
- Represented state housing agency in Fair Housing law.
- Matthew also has previous experience in the banking industry where he spent nearly a decade employed in various management and executive positions at both community, regional, and national financial institutions, prior to beginning his legal career.
- Mayor’s Economic Advisory Council, Columbia, Missouri, 2005; 2006 (Chair)
- Notre Dame Club of Kansas City
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- John E. Krupnick Award, for excellence in the art of trial advocacy.
- King Williams Memorial Award, for significant contribution to building community at the Law School.
- Dean’s Award, Highest Grade – Intensive Trial Advocacy
- Dean’s Award, Highest Grade – Deposition Skills
- Witkin Award, Highest Grade – Legal Writing & Research
Contact Matthew Wine at 816.292.8303 or email@example.com.