Mary Bacon is a full-service business litigation attorney. She prosecutes and defends claims on behalf of business entities in a host of industries in courts and arbitrations in cases involving difficult and complicated business matters. Mary’s litigation practice is focused on complex civil litigation in both state and federal court involving construction disputes, breach of contract actions, and defending financial institutions.
Mary has negotiated and litigated construction claims at the city, county, state and federal levels on behalf of general contractors and specialty subcontractors. Mary has litigated claims involving defective specifications, constructive changes, acceleration, excusable and compensable delays, differing site conditions, terminations for default and the False Claims Act. She also handles private construction litigation involving disputes between owners, general contractors and subcontractors, as well as performance and payment bond claims and mechanic’s lien issues. Mary has also successfully represented bid protesters before the Comptroller General of the General Accounting Office.
Presentations and Publications
- “Beware Litigating Construction Disputes In Remote Locations”, Law360, 2019
- Board Member, Children’s Advocacy Alliance
- Member, State Bar of Nevada
- Member, State Bar of California
- Southern Nevada Women’s Association of Women Attorneys
- Member, Leadership Las Vegas 2016 Class, Las Vegas Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Silver Staircase Award, William S. Boyd School of Law’s Public Interest Law Association, 2021
- Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s Pro Bono Attorney of the Year, 2019
- Legal Elite, Nevada Business Magazine, 2019
- Rising Stars, Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2018
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, 2017
- Pro Bono Volunteer of the Month, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s, June 2017
- Ask-A-Lawyer Community Commitment Award, Legal Aid Center of Southern Nevada’s, 2017
- Best Up and Coming Attorneys, Nevada Business Magazine, 2015-2016
- Rising Stars, Las Vegas Business Press, 2015
Spencer Fane Leadership
- Diversity Committee
Contact Mary Bacon at 702.408.3411 or email@example.com.