Mark Wasem assists clients in a broad range of oil and gas transactions, including the acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas properties and natural gas pipelines, development and operation of natural gas pipelines, and the contractual and regulatory issues for upstream and midstream energy companies. He has more than 25 years of experience in the industry.
Notably, Mark previously assisted a seller in a $935 million divestiture and represented a seller in the $1.2 billion sale of separate oil and gas property transactions. In addition to negotiating agreements for acquisition and divestiture of oil and gas assets, he works to negotiate related contracts and aids in the formation and operation of joint ventures. He has represented clients in matters before Federal Energy Regulatory Commission, Railroad Commission of Texas and various municipalities.
Highlights of Mark Wasem’s experience include:
- Assisted the seller in a $935 million divestiture of oil and gas properties in the Rocky Mountain area
- Represented exploration and production company in the acquisition of approximately 200,000 net mineral acres in the Utica Shale valued at $650 million
- Represented the seller in the $1.2 billion sale of Michigan oil and gas properties
To view Mark’s additional experience, please click here.
- American Bar Association – Natural Resources and Energy Law Sections
- Dallas Bar Association – Energy Law Section
- Energy Bar Association
- Houston Bar Association
- Natural Gas and Electric Power Society of North Texas
- State Bar of Texas – Energy Law Section
- Texas Independent Producers and Royalty Owners Association
- Legal 500 US, recommended lawyer, Energy: Transactions, The Legal 500, 2015
- Who’s Who in Energy, Dallas Business Journal, 2012 – 2013
- Texas Top Rated Lawyer, Martindale-Hubbell, 2012 – 2014
Contact Mark Wasem at 214.459.5878 or firstname.lastname@example.org.