Mark focuses his practice on litigation and health law. He has experience with individual and consolidated actions in state and federal courts, and in arbitration with the American Arbitration Association and American Health Law Association. Mark has handled various aspects of litigation from initial discovery through judgment and resolution, including responsibility for motions, hearings, and fact and expert witness depositions. He has coordinated document collection, review and production in numerous cases. Mark has drafted briefs on appeal to state and federal court.
Mark also represents physicians, physician practices, hospitals, and other health care entities. He counsels health care clients on contract issues, employment disputes, peer review processes, medical negligence, and reimbursement issues.
During law school, Mark served as the symposium editor for the Kansas Law Review and worked as an intern for Magistrate Judge David J. Waxse of the U.S. District Court for the District of Kansas. Mark is a member of the Order of the Coif.
Highlights of Mark’s experience include:
- Represented a medical device manufacturer, culminating in the exclusion of plantiffs’ expert witnesses and entry of summary judgment for the defendant.
- Represented an international manufacturer in a case involving $100 million in alleged damages.
- Represented a pharmaceutical manufacturer against a putative class action.
- Represented clients regarding claims involving implementation of Electronic Health Records information technology.
- Counseled clients on the impact of Medicare Secondary Payor statutes and regulations on claims involving alleged personal injuries.
- Counseled clients and provided representation during internal peer review processes and external appeals.
- Missouri Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Organization of Defense Lawyers
- Defense Research Institute
- Kansas Association of Hospital Attorneys
- Kansas Bar Association
Contact Mark Cole at 913.327.5108 or firstname.lastname@example.org.