Lisa Epps guides business owners in transactions, opportunities and legal issues that can arise throughout the life of their businesses. This guidance covers corporate law, commercial and contract law, sales and acquisitions, business workouts, restructuring, creditors’ rights, cybersecurity and data breach. Lisa also helps lenders in loan structuring, negotiating and drafting transaction documents, and regulatory compliance. She works with passion and urgency so lenders can finalize their transactions with more precision, more quickly and at less expense.
Additionally, Lisa has represented debtors, secured and unsecured creditors, bond trustees, bondholders, investors, bankruptcy trustees, and creditors’ and equity holders’ committees in complex corporate restructuring, workout and bankruptcy planning, negotiation and litigation both locally, regionally and nationally. She is skilled in complex business issues, and has represented large corporations in Chapter 11 restructuring and brought multiple companies out of bankruptcy.
Lisa is a fully engaged and informed member of her clients’ business teams 24/7. Her focus is to efficiently find opportunities for her clients, based on a deep understanding of their priorities and goals. She is regularly at her clients’ businesses and provides them with a “go to” lawyer who they can call for all of their needs.
Highlights of Lisa Epps’ experience include:
- Successfully reorganized one of the Midwest’s largest suppliers of storage containers and trailers in a contested Chapter 11 plan confirmation hearing over the strenuous objection of its secured lender by “cramming down” its $5.5 million secured claim, resulting in an interest rate reduction of approximately 2.5%.
- Routinely represents buyers and sellers of multi-million dollar companies (construction, manufacturing, technology, retain and distribution), both through stock and asset sales, inside and outside of the Chapter 11 bankruptcy process.
- Successfully represented multi-billion dollar insurance client in enforcement of non-compete agreement against former agent soliciting hundreds of high-value clients by obtaining a temporary restraining order in less than one week and a preliminary injunction in less than one month.
- Change Is Coming To Business Bankruptcy, 31st Annual Advanced Bankruptcy Seminar, Oklahoma Bar Association (December 2016)
- Best Practices for Business Development and Rainmaking (July 2015)
- A Survey of Current Developments, American Bankruptcy Institute Winter Leadership Conference (December 2014)
What Now? What You and Your Client Should Be Doing If A Key Player In A Construction Project Files For Bankruptcy, Construction Law Institute (September 2012)
Bankruptcy Law – Rapid-Fire 4 Minute Tips, Eighth Circuit Judicial Conference (August 2012)
Bankruptcy Jurisdiction, 2012 MoBar Annual Bankruptcy Institute (February/March 2012)
Municipal Bankruptcy – Eligibility, Filing, Stays, Proofs of Claim In-House Training (May 2011)
Protecting Creditors’ Rights During Bankruptcy, National Business Institute (September 2010)
Bankruptcy 101, In-House Training (February 2010)
An Overview of Bankruptcy and Directors and Officers Liability Insurance, Mid-America Chapter, Association of Corporate Counsel (July 2008)
- Make-A-Wish® Foundation- Missouri, Board Member
- United Way of Greater Kansas City’s Tocqueville Society
- Kansas City Pet Project, Board Member
- Midwestern Bankruptcy Institute, Advisory Board Member
- IWIRC (International Women’s Insolvency and Restructuring Confederation)-Midwest Network, Founder and Co-Chair
- Bench Bar Committees for the United States Bankruptcy Courts for the District of Kansas and the Western District of Missouri
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Kansas City Bankruptcy Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Central Exchange
- Association of Women Lawyers of Greater Kansas City
- Spencer Fane Attorney Relations Committee, Chair
Best Lawyers – Women in the Law 2016 for Bankruptcy and Creditor Rights/Insolvency and Reorganization Law
Missouri Lawyers Weekly 2015 Women’s Justice Award – Business Practitioner
Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® – 2012-2017
Top 50 Women: Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® – 2013-2017
Kansas City – The Top 50: Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® – 2015, 2017
Missouri & Kansas – The Top 100: Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers® – 2015-2017
Kansas City Business Journal Best of the Bar – 2010-2017
The Best Lawyers in America® for Bankruptcy and Creditor-Debtor Rights Law – 2012-2018
Ingram’s Best Lawyers in Kansas City – 2012-2016
Centurion Achievement Award – 2003
Contact Lisa Epps at 816.292.8881 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with her on LinkedIn.