Len Pranschke assists nonprofit and tax-exempt organizations effectively and in full legal compliance, to carry out their charitable, educational or religious missions. Len provides advice and assistance in corporate, tax, contract, real estate, governmental regulation, charitable giving and board policies and governance practices.
Len also counsels individuals seeking to form nonprofits to carry out their vision of serving charitable, religious or educational purposes. He advises these clients on the most suitable form of organization – corporation, trust or other structure – and the manner of organization and operation to achieve full compliance with Section 501(c)(3) of the Internal Revenue Code and other laws and regulations.
Highlights of Len Pranschke’s experience include:
- Advised the board members of a major non-profit corporation concerning their service on another board that will transact business with the corporation. Provided counsel regarding how to report any resulting conflicts to the boards of both entities, the manner in which each entity should discuss and decide upon dealing with the conflicts of interest, and how they should finally be resolved.
- Advised a nonprofit board concerning its fiduciary duty to the corporation and the fulfillment of its mission and purpose. Explained how that duty is to be fulfilled by each board member and the available protections under applicable laws, including state and federal volunteer immunity laws. Drafted and presented a corporate indemnification policy for officers and directors and provided advice concerning director and officer liability insurance and general liability insurance.
- Advised a church denomination affiliated entity on how it can operate a pooled investment program for congregations and other organizations affiliated with the denomination. Advice was given in how to comply with state and federal securities laws and how to structure agreements with the investing entities and with mutual fund groups to make investments available to them.
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- National Committee on Planned Giving
- National Association of College and University Attorneys
- Partnership for Philanthropic Planning
- Association of Lutheran Development Executives
- St. Louis Planned Giving Council
- Denominational Investment Loan Administrators
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2007-2019
- The Best Lawyers in America® Lawyer of the Year (2014)
Contact Len Pranschke at 314.333.3911 or firstname.lastname@example.org.