With more than 10 years of experience as a litigator, Laurie Quinn represents corporate and individual clients in government enforcement actions, investigations, and complex civil cases.
Laurie has a diverse litigation practice including representing companies in complex commercial matters, shareholder disputes, breach of contract claims, non-compete agreements, discrimination claims, and trusts and estates. With a background in criminal defense, Laurie is no stranger to the courtroom and enjoys representing her clients at trial in both state and federal court. Laurie knows achieving her client’s goals does not always require going to trial, and looks for creative and effective solutions to complex matters.
Laurie also focuses on compliance, which includes representing companies in criminal and civil matters. She has extensive experience representing companies facing state and federal investigations and has worked regularly on matters involving the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Food and Drug Administration (FDA), the Drug Enforcement Agency (DEA), and numerous state agencies. As part of this practice, Laurie works closely with her clients to conduct preventative audits and internal investigations, as well as crafting long-term compliance strategies that secure business interests while minimizing legal exposure. Finally, Laurie is a certified Title IX investigator and assists clients conducting Title IX investigations.
Highlights of Laurie’s experience include:
- Represented multiple prominent health care institutions in Drug Enforcement Agency investigations.
- Represented executive and corporation in three-week jury trial on allegations of fraud.
- Represented corporation in state and federal fraud investigation.
- Represented numerous professionals during licensing investigations.
- Represented multiple companies in internal investigations regarding suspected False Claim Act violations.
- Successfully represented a large health care provider through a federal diversion investigation, resulting in a decision not to file a civil suit against the provider.
Presentations and Publications
- “May it Please the Court: Effective Case Presentation at Trial,” National Business Institute, 2014
- Workplace Immigration: When Worker’s Compensation and Immigration Overlap, 2018
- Non-Competes On Tap: Creating, Enforcing and Defendant Non-Competes, 2018
- Supports the Ronald McDonald House
- Minnesota State Bar Association
- Hennepin County Bar Association
Contact Laurie Quinn at 612.268.7017 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click here to connect with Laurie on LinkedIn.