Lawrence (Larry) Roland provides strategic legal advice through a thorough understanding of each client’s needs, challenges, and opportunities, helping them to successfully resolve litigious matters through the full range of dispute resolution methods to limit exposure and liability. He possesses diverse capabilities and a versatile base of experience in a variety of industries, allowing him to solve problems involving trucking and transportation, banking and finance, business, administrative, cybersecurity, telecommunications, and probate matters.
Larry represents corporate and individual clients in various civil litigation matters and handles all aspects of client cases up to and through trial, including interacting with multilayered clients, conducting discovery, taking depositions, drafting and arguing motions, negotiating settlements, preparing legal memoranda, and zealously advocating for clients – at trial and through the appellate process. Before entering private practice, he worked in the financial industry, television and media, food processing, and trucking. These experiences often provide him with valuable insights into a client’s business practices and operational logistics.
Having sat in the driver’s seat in the past, Larry’s experience as a “truck driver’s attorney,” helps truckers get and stay on the road by addressing everyday challenges to what it takes to run a transportation business in this ever-changing industry. He successfully counsels clients on an array of issues, from high employee turnover rates and managing independent contractors to breached contracts and damaged cargo litigation.
With a focus on alternative currency situations, Larry also works with clients on financial services matters. He was a FINRA license holder (Series 7 and 63) and Chartered Financial Analyst candidate, securing his MBA prior to becoming an attorney. This background informs his ability to advise clients of the value of their visions, the risks of their actions/inactions, and the cost of their plans.
Because of his industry experience, Larry also becomes a valuable asset on various labor and employment issues. His work involves advising commercial and nonprofit clients on matters unique to their specific industry, which can include background checks, hiring practices, employee handbooks, employment agreements, employee evaluations, proper workplace rules, and any claims of discrimination. He approaches these matters with the benefit of understanding them from both a business and legal standpoint.
Larry grew up the second-oldest of 15 kids on the South Side of Chicago. He says: “My childhood prepared me for almost everything you’re going to see in life. I learned how to work harder than most while striving to find ways to work smarter than others. This not only prepared me for life, but also laid a strong foundation for me to become a relentless advocate for my clients.” Larry earned his Juris Doctor from Creighton University School of Law and MBA at the University of Nebraska-Omaha. He is actively involved in the Nebraska and Iowa State Bar Associations as well as the Omaha Bar Association, where he is a Public Service Committee member and member of Lawyers in the Classroom.
- Essential Pregnancy Services Board of Directors, Former President, Governance Committee Chair
- YMCA, U10, U12, and U14 Flag Football Coach
- St. Margaret Mary Parish, Volunteer
- Cub Scout Den Leader and Cubmaster, Pack 378; Assistant Scoutmaster, Troop 378
- Boy Scouts of America, Eagle Scout
- Candidate for Nebraska Unicameral – Legislative District 9, 2016
- Candidate for Douglas County Board of Commissioners – District 2, 2018
- American Bar Association
- Litigation Section
- Labor and Employment Law Section
- Iowa State Bar Association
- Nebraska State Bar Association
- Leadership Academy, 2016-2017
- House of Delegates
- Legal Forms Committee
- Rules/Bylaws Committee
- Business Law Section
- Real Estate, Probate, and Trust Law Section
- Omaha Bar Association
- Public Service Committee, 2012-present
- Lawyers in the Classroom, 2015-present
- Executive Council Treasurer, 2015-2018
- Nebraska State Bar Foundation, Fellow, 2016
- Creighton University Young Alumni Council, Founding Board Member
- Nebraska Super Lawyers, Rising Stars (2018-present)
Contact Larry Roland at 402.501.6769 or email@example.com.