Larry R. Martinez is a litigator, defending and counseling businesses in a wide range of matters including employment, real estate, property tax, insurance, construction defects, environmental and toxic torts, and general business issues related to the operation of complex facilities and organizations.
Because of his experience in environmental matters, he often serves as a legal consultant on toxic injury and environmental damage claims. He has presented both formal and private seminars on addressing claims arising out of the alleged presence of and exposure to radiation, chemicals and biotoxins.
In addition, Larry has served his clients for more than 44 years on Litigation, Dispute Resolution, and Labor and Employment issues. He is a frequent contributor to industry publications, and coauthored and edits the “Workers’ Compensation and Disability Issues” chapter of The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Employment Law (1998-2018).
Highlights of Larry’s experience include:
- For more than 40 years, Martinez has represented the owners, operators and insurers of a United States Government weapons facility in Colorado on employment, intellectual property and business matters, and defended them in radiation and chemical injury and property contamination claims.
- Meadow Homes Development Corp. v. Bowens, 211 P.3d 743 (Colo. App. 2009). Lead trial counsel successfully proving entitlement to over $500,000 in development funds and recovering attorney fees for the client.
- Quaery v. Collegiate Housing Services, Colorado, December 28, 2015. Lead trial counsel obtaining dismissal of a complex ADA complaint in U.S. District Court (Colo.).
- SBM Site Services, LLC v. Garrett et al. Colorado, February 22, 2010. Lead trial counsel, obtaining dismissal of a complex trade secret/non-compete complaint in U.S. District Court (Colo.) after substantial discovery and hearing practice.
- Umphenour v. Montes et al, Colorado, March 13, 2017. Lead trial counsel obtaining dismissal of a complex ADA complaint in U.S. District Court (Colo.).
PRESENTATIONS AND PUBLICATIONS
- Original author and Co-author of Updates, “Workers’ Compensation and Disability Issues” chapter, The Practitioner’s Guide to Colorado Employment Law, 1998-2018
- Editor and contributor to “Employment Rights and Wrongs,” a recurring column in the Sunday Rocky Mountain News
- Contributor, “Keep It Legal,” a recurring column in the Sunday Boulder Camera
- Contributor, Colorado Jobs, weekly newspaper
- “Denver Property Owners Still Have Time to Protest Their Tax Valuations,”July 2015
- Speaker at seminars addressing employment law and environmental issues, including the interaction of workers’ compensation law and federal disability and civil rights laws and cases claiming exposure to radiation, chemicals and biotoxins.
- Member, Board of Directors, Volunteers of America Colorado, 2010-present
- Thompson G. Marsh Inn of Court, 1998-Present (President, 2013)
- Adjunct Professor, Business Law and Ethics, University of Denver, 2006
- Assistant Attorney General, Colorado, 1979-1980
- Adjunct Professor, Legal Research and Writing, University of Colorado School of Law, 1975-1977
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Defense Research Institute
- Top Lawyer, Labor and Employment, Denver Magazine, 2010
- Rated AV Preeminent for Ethical Standards and Legal Ability, Martindale Hubbell, 1989-2018
Contact Larry R. Martinez at 303.592.8329 or email@example.com.