Kristen Petry is a member of the firm’s Health Care group. She helps clients in the health care industry navigate simple and complex litigation and compliance issues. She has defended large hospital systems and individual health care providers, including physicians, nurses, therapists, dentists and chiropractors. Kristen also has experience advising clients on federal regulations including HIPAA and CFR Part 2.
Kristen graduated from the University of Texas at Austin with a Bachelor of Arts in Government and a minor in American Studies. She earned her Juris Doctorate from South Texas College of Law in 2014. Prior to law school, Kristen served as a Journal Production Assistant for the Texas House of Representatives 82nd Legislative Session.
Presentations and Publications
- “Medical Malpractice: 10 Ways to Get Sued,” May 2019
- “What Would You Do? Handling Risk Management Conundrums,” March 2019
- “Ethics and Boundaries: Staying Inside the Lines,” December 2017
- Special Olympics Volunteer
- Greater Houston Society of Healthcare Risk Management, Education Day Co-Chair, Fundraising Chair
- Houston Bar Association
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award – Wills, Trusts and Estates
- Leroy Jeffers Moot Court Competition – Semi Finalist
Contact Kristen Petry at 713.212.2622 or email@example.com.