Kris Dekker helps banks, financial institutions and other lenders of varying sizes close their transactions efficiently. He understands that timely execution is critical to a lender’s ability to compete in its marketplace.
His representation of lenders includes all phases of lending – commitments, underwriting analysis, loan participations and syndications, intercreditor negotiations, loss mitigation, loan workouts, collections, bankruptcy, foreclosures, receivership and post-foreclosure property management and disposition, and includes projects that are supported by tax increment financing, community improvement districts, historic tax credits, new market tax credits, federal and state tax abatements, bond financing and other developmental incentives.
In addition to representing lenders, Kris represents developers, investors, and other real estate owners in a broad range of real estate transactions, including acquisitions, sales, and financing and leasing for retail, office, industrial and multi-family developments.
Kris also represents other businesses with financing, general corporate matters, and other transactions.
Highlights of Kris’s experience include:
- $50,000,000 syndicated revolving and term loan secured by 45 commercial properties
- $20,000,000 bond purchase and revolving loan secured by post-secondary educational campus
- $35,000,000 construction loan secured by a commercial office and retail building together with tax increment financing and community improvement district proceeds
- $10,000,000 construction loan secured by a multi-family residential development within a converted historic school building and historic tax credits
- $30,000,000 construction loan secured by a hotel and tax increment financing
- $90,000,000 sale of age-restricted multi-family residential developments
- $25,000,000 construction loan secured by an industrial warehouse facility
- $28,000,000 construction loan secured by a senior living facility
- $10,000,000 construction loan secured by soccer training facility
- $15,000,000 revolving loan secured by commercial real estate loans
- $9,000,000 revolving loan secured by tax increment financing proceeds
Recent Presentation Topics
- Title and Survey Review
- Construction Lending Risks and Protective Measures
- A Practical Guide to Reviewing Surveys
- Equal Credit Opportunity Act
- Fraudulent Transfers and Consideration Issues in Lending
- Contributed to an article featured in The Show-Me Banker and The Arizona Banker outlining
the ways companies are addressing bankruptcy matters during the pandemic
- Contributed to the February 2021 cover story for Greater Phoenix InBusiness magazine,
providing insight into how businesses are approaching bankruptcy and insolvency issues as the COVID-19 pandemic persists
- Serves as Vice-Chairman of the Board for Kansas City Christian School (2018-Present)
- Served as the Secretary (2011) and the Governance Committee Chairman (2007-2010) for First Call – Alcohol/Drug Prevention & Recovery, an organization focused on reducing the impact of alcohol, drugs and other addictions through services to individuals, families and the community
- Participated in the Greater Kansas Bar Leadership Academy, an organization working to cultivate leaders for community service initiatives in the Kansas City metropolitan area (2006-2007)
- The Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Kansas Bar Association
- Missouri Bar Association
Contact Kris Dekker at 816.292.8130 or email@example.com.