Kevin Tuttle is an intellectual property attorney counseling and assisting clients in the development, acquisition, enforcement, and defense of intellectual property rights so they can increase the value of their companies, and grow and protect their market position. Tuttle is regularly involved in domestic and international transaction and litigation matters pertaining to patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
In his patent work, Kevin establishes patent protection for mechanical, chemical, biological, electrical, and computer technologies, protecting valuable client assets. In his trademark work, he registers trademarks for the words, phrases, and designs that distinguish clients’ products and services in the marketplace. In his copyright work, he secures rights in clients’ unique creative works so they can protect themselves from unauthorized copying, and leverage the value of the creations.
In intellectual property disputes, Kevin assists clients in asserting their patents, trademarks, and copyrights against infringers, and defending clients in disputes and litigation involving claims of infringement.
Highlights of Kevin Tuttle’s experience include:
- Represents a burgeoning manufacturing company in protecting innovative and unique consumer maintenance equipment
- Represents a start-up medical device company securing patent protection for core business technologies
- Represents a growing clothing company in the enforcement of key trademarks
Professional Memberships & Activities
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Barrister, Ross T. Roberts Inn of Court (2009-2010)
- Kansas City Symphony, Young Friends of the Symphony, Board Member (2005-2007), Programming Chair (2006-2007), Programming Chair-Elect (2005-2006)
- Nelson-Atkins Museum of Art, Young Friends of Art, Board Member (2000-2005), Secretary (2000-2001, 2003-2005), Membership Chair (2001-2003)
- CALI Excellence for the Future Award in Patent Law
- Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star, 2014-2017
Contact Kevin Tuttle at 816.474.8100 or email@example.com.