Kevin Tuttle is an intellectual property attorney counseling and assisting clients in the development, acquisition, enforcement, and defense of intellectual property rights so they can increase the value of their companies, and grow and protect their market position. Tuttle is regularly involved in domestic and international transaction and litigation matters pertaining to patents, trademarks, and copyrights.
In his patent work, Kevin establishes patent protection for mechanical, chemical, biological, electrical, and computer technologies, protecting valuable client assets. In his trademark work, he registers trademarks for the words, phrases, and designs that distinguish clients’ products and services in the marketplace. In his copyright work, he secures rights in clients’ unique creative works so they can protect themselves from unauthorized copying, and leverage the value of the creations.
In intellectual property disputes, Kevin assists clients in asserting their patents, trademarks, and copyrights against infringers, and defending clients in disputes and litigation involving claims of infringement.
Highlights of Kevin Tuttle’s experience include:
- Represents various companies securing patent protection in the United States and abroad
- Advises clients on offensive and defensive patent strategies
- Represents various plaintiffs and defendants in patent litigation in U.S. District Courts
- Successfully defended a manufacturer of consumer and medical products in a U.S. International Trade Commission (ITC) proceeding involving allegations of patent infringement
- Represents a manufacturer challenging the validity of U.S. patents before the U.S. Patent and Trademark (USPTO), and Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) in an inter partes review proceeding (IPR) successfully resulting in invalidating claims and narrowing the scope of protection
- Represents various companies in the acquisition of U.S. and foreign trademarks
- Develops creative strategies to address on-line trademark and copyright infringement
- Represents buyers and sellers in mergers and acquisitions involving intellectual property
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association (KCMBA)
- Patent Trial and Appeal Board (PTAB) Bar Association
Contact Kevin Tuttle at 816.474.8100 or firstname.lastname@example.org.