As a member of the firm’s Employee Benefits Group, Ken Mason dedicates his practice to helping employers and other benefit plan sponsors comply with a broad range of legal requirements.
By focusing on the areas of employer retirement plans, health care reform and executive compensation, Ken advises clients on how to offer tax-favored benefits to employees while shielding directors and officers from personal liability under ERISA.
Highlights of Ken Mason’s experience include:
- Converted many traditional defined benefit pension plans into cash-balance arrangements, thereby increasing employee satisfaction with their pension benefits.
- Advised 401(k) plan sponsors on the proper implementation of ERISA spending accounts.
- Assisted a 31-store fast food franchise analyze its options under the ACA’s “play-or-pay” rules, pointing to ways in which it could avoid having to offer expensive health coverage to additional employees or pay onerous penalties.
To view Ken Mason’s additional representative experience, please click here.
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2001-2020
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®, 2005-2009, 2013
- Past Chair, Employee Benefits Institute of Kansas City
- Past Chair, Employee Benefits Committee, Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Faculty Member, American Bankers Association National Retirement Trust School
- Law Clerk, U.S. District Judge Earl E. O’Connor
Contact Ken Mason at 913.327.5138 or email@example.com.