- Regularly advising clients, including multiemployer Taft-Hartley funds, large publicly-traded corporations, insurance companies, small privately-held employers, and boards of directors on benefits issues such as plan design and administration, tax qualification, regulatory compliance, and fiduciary issues.
- Assisting employers and plan sponsors in negotiating resolution and settlement of Department of Labor investigations.
- Assisting sponsors of defined benefit pension plan in the implementation of lump-sum payment windows, thereby reducing both PBGC premiums and the funding volatility often associated with such plans.
- Advising sponsors of group health plans on the proper design of their employee wellness programs and wellness incentives.
- Advising association health plans on their obligations under the Affordable Care Act and options for avoiding the application of the ACA’s small group health insurance community rating requirements.
- Advising employers on the termination of retiree group health plans and other strategies for reducing future liability for retiree health benefits.
- Assisting employers in making submissions to the Department of Labor under the DOL’s Voluntary Fiduciary Correction Program.