Julia Vander Weele practices in the areas of employer health and welfare plans and retirement plans. She helps employers and other benefit plan sponsors comply with a broad range of legal requirements, including the Tax Code and labor laws, allowing them to recruit and retain talented employees with competitive tax-favored benefit packages while shielding their directors and officers from personal liability.
She also advises clients on laws applicable to other employee benefit plans and programs, including health care reform and ERISA.
Highlights of Julia Vander Weele’s experience include:
- Assisting self-funded health plan sponsors with comprehensive HIPAA privacy and security compliance, including drafting policies and procedures, drafting notices of privacy practices, and conducting training.
- Advising 401(k) plan sponsors on plan governance and fiduciary issues, including analyzing fee arrangements, negotiating recordkeeping agreements, and drafting investment policy statements.
- Helping employers analyze their options under the ACA’s “play-or-pay” rules, pointing to ways in which they can avoid having to offer expensive health coverage to additional employees or pay onerous penalties.
- Kansas Bar Association
- Kansas City Metropolitan Bar Association
- Northland Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Best Lawyers© – Women in the Law 2016 for Employee Benefits (ERISA) Law
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America© 2016 – 2019
Contact Julia Vander Weele at 816.292.8182 or email@example.com.
Click here to connect with Julia on LinkedIn.