For Joseph S. Borus, it’s not enough to provide clients with top-notch legal advice. Borus dedicates himself to helping clients apply the best legal strategies to achieve their business goals in every transaction.
During his five decades of practicing corporate law, Borus has represented clients of all types in nearly every facet of operating a business. He has considerable experience in acquisition transactions and has helped several privately held companies expand their businesses through strategic acquisitions of other private companies. While at the New York City firm Chadbourne & Parke earlier in his distinguished career, Borus first acquired experience in representing both acquiring companies and target companies in merger and acquisition transactions.
Borus also counsels clients in the venture capital and private placement areas. Major venture capital funds and issuers seeking private financing throughout the Western United States are among the many types of companies that have benefited from Borus’ extensive experience.
Highlights of Joseph’s experience include:
- Representation of a California based software developer in its acquisition by an NYSE corporation, providing advice as to tax aspects of various structures; assistance in responding to extensive due diligence requests; negotiating (and drafting) key provisions of the acquisition documents, including employment agreements for key personnel.
- Representation of successive developers of a device and related medicine used in the treatment of liver disease, including an initial spinoff of universally developed technology, the repurchase of such technology from the initial purchaser, a series of preferred stock financings of the successor corporation culminating in a $86 million commitment as a bridge to a public offering.
- Representation of a medical device company in negotiating and drafting supply and license agreements. The company was ultimately acquired by a NYSE company. Represented the company in the acquisition and successfully resolved numerous issues including the ownership of the technology and distribution priorities of the sale proceeds taking into account the company’s complex capital structure.
- Member, Board of Trustees, Shalom Cares, a Denver based non-profit continuum of care campus for the elderly
- Trustee, Pulmonary Fibrosis Foundation
- Member, Executive Committee of Society of Alumni of Williams College
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Top Lawyer, Corporate, Denver Magazine, 2010
Contact Joseph Borus at 303.592.8324 or firstname.lastname@example.org.