A distinguished member of Nevada’s legal community and second-generation lawyer in the state, John Mowbray concentrates his practice on commercial litigation as well as real estate and ethics and professional responsibility.
During his 40-year career, John has assisted clients with issues facing businesses of all sizes. He has helped business owners adeptly navigate everything from contracts and lawsuits to personal estates and trusts.
John is the Managing Partner of the Spencer Fane Las Vegas office, and is a distinguished member of Nevada’s legal community. As a past president of the State Bar of Nevada and Clark County Bar Association, he is well-regarded throughout the region for his knowledge of law and high level of dedication to client service.
John draws on this experience and heavy involvement in the professional legal community to better inform his peers and colleagues of best legal practices. Clients value John’s legal knowledge, ability to assimilate complex facts and commitment to help them achieve desired results.
Presentations and Publications
- Interview, “Industry Focus: Attorneys,” Nevada Business Magazine, April 1, 2016
- Clifton Young, A Distinguished Nevadan For All Reasons
- KNPR | John Mowbray Comments on Pope Francis Visit to the United States
- Member, Board of Directors, Mob Museum
- Chair, Board of Directors, Let Freedom Ring, Inc.
- Past President and current Board of Directors member, Boy Scouts of America Las Vegas Area Council
- Past Trustee, The Outside Las Vegas Foundation
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Southern Nevada Conservancy
- Past Member, Board of Directors, Red Rock Canyon Interpretive Association
- Past Member, Executive Committee for the City of Las Vegas’ Post Modern Museum
- Past President and current Board of Director, Notre Dame Club of Las Vegas
- Past Board of Advisor, Bishop Gorman High School, Las Vegas, Nevada
- Former Adjunct Professor, Community College of Southern Nevada
- Past Councillor, Diocese of Las Vegas, Equestrian Order of the Holy Sepulcher
- Past President, local chapter, National Eagle Scout Association
- Past President and Board of Director, Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada
- Past Trustee, Catholic Community Services of Nevada
- Past Member, Board of Directors, National Conference for Community and Justice
- State Bar of Nevada
- State Bar of California
- Clark County Bar Association
- American Bar Association
- Supreme Court of Nevada Commission on the Amendment to the Nevada Code of Judicial Conduct
- Best Lawyers in America®, Bet-the-Company Litigation and Commercial Litigation, 2010-2021
- Benchmark Litigation, Local Litigation Star, 2012-2017
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Business Litigation and General Litigation, 2009-2019
- Mountain States Super Lawyers®, Top 100 Attorneys, 2012-2014
- Nevada’s Best Lawyers®, 2013
- Top Lawyers, Vegas Inc., 2013
- Heart of Hope Award, Catholic Charities of Nevada, 2012
- Champion of Justice through Service Award, Clark County Law Foundation, 2016
- Judge Lloyd D. George Model of Professionalism Award, State Bar of Nevada, 2009
- Silver Beaver Award, Las Vegas Area Council, Boy Scouts of America, 2004
- Order of Excalibur, Bishop Gorman High School, Diocese of Las Vegas, 2002
- Recipient of Proclamation, Gov. Kenny Guinn, John H. Mowbray Day, June 12, 2002
- Las Vegas Chamber of Commerce Community Achievement Award, Humanitarian Category, 2001
- National Conference for Community and Justice, Community Hero, 2000
- Person of the Year, Catholic Charities of Southern Nevada, 2000
- Pro Ecclessia Et Pontifice, His Holiness Pope John Paul II, 1999
- Distinguished Service Award, Clark County Pro Bono Project, 1999
- Person of the Year, Notre Dame Club of Las Vegas, 1991
- AV® Preeminent™ Peer Review Rated (the highest rating available), by Martindale-Hubbell
Contact John Mowbray at 702.408.3410 or firstname.lastname@example.org.