John P. Branham handles all aspects of civil trials for clients, providing a steady presence and achieving successful resolutions in complex matters involving a wide range of claims. A Fellow of the American College of Trial Lawyers, John has tried hundreds of jury and bench trials in the state and federal courts of Tennessee. His current practice focuses on complex business disputes and plaintiffs’ severe injury cases. He has spoken on trial practice and procedures at many seminars for the Nashville and Tennessee Bar Associations, the Tennessee Trial Lawyers Association, the Nashville School of Law, and several other organizations.
John says he chose his practice area because he thought going to court was what lawyers did: “If I had known that you could really make a living doing an office or transactional practice, I might not have been inclined to take on the stress of trial work.” The stress paid off though. Today, John is one of Nashville’s most well-respected trial lawyers. Despite his success and vast experience, John still gets “stage fright” every time he enters a courtroom for a contested hearing. He says, “Each case or motion is the most important ever, and the fear of not doing a good job is palpable.” John is dedicated to providing the best legal representation for his clients.
John has four children and eight grandchildren. When he’s not at the office, he is probably at his farm located south of Nashville in Bell Buckle.
- American College of Trial Lawyers, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association, Former Director
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Tennessee Bar Association
- Harry Phillips American Inn of Court, Charter Master
- Barristers Club of Nashville, Past President
- Nashville Personal Injury Litigation – Plaintiffs “Lawyer of the Year,” Best Lawyers in America©, 2014
- AV© Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
- 150 Best Lawyers, 2009 and 2010, BusinessTN Magazine
- In Charge list, 2010, Nashville Post
- The Best Lawyers in America©, more than 20 years
- Best of the Bar, 2007-2008, Nashville Business Journal
- Best Lawyers in Nashville, Nashville Post
- Mid-South Super Lawyers
Contact John Branham at 615.238.6399 or email@example.com.