- Managed nationwide compliance disclosure filings pursuant to state and local environmental permits for industrial client, coordinating more than 100 filings annually.Obtained summary judgment for client barring contribution claims following a de minimis settlement with the United States Environmental Protection Agency.
- Defended utility Clean Air Act construction permit from challenge by Sierra Club through administrative hearing, and represented numerous industrial sources in response to challenges to Part 70 Permits.
- Advise clients on evolving requirements applicable to management of coal combustion residuals and worked with industrial and waste management clients to prepare comments to state draft rules.
- Negotiated industrial water discharge permits with state and federal agencies as well as local wastewater treatment authorities, including incorporation of compliance schedules, variances and toxicity compliance demonstrations.
- Negotiated allocation of environmental liabilities and water rights to support transfer of defense property to private operator.
- Supporting clients in management of water rights including transfer, modification and division of water rights administered by the Kansas Department of Agriculture.
- Represented builders and developers in resolution of storm water enforcement.
- Negotiated settlements including supplemental environmental projects to resolve enforcement of a wide variety of environmental claims including TSCA, FIFRA, RCRA and EPCRA.