Jessica R. Hill focuses her practice on fiercely defending clients through the litigation process. Jessica works closely with clients to understand and defend their businesses by developing strong litigation strategies. Her areas of expertise include general liability and business litigation, employment, school law, and insurance claims. She strives to provide comprehensive support to clients who are often new to the litigation process.
Additionally, Jessica regularly works with employers on a wide array of employment law matters. She brings a deep breadth of experience in helping clients avoid the courtroom through preventative counseling, investigating grievances and claims of discrimination, handling discrimination matters before the Missouri Commission on Human Rights and the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, and of course through litigation.
Jessica started her law career as a prosecutor, gaining valuable trial experience working for four years in the Greene County Prosecutor’s Office before switching her focus to the civil side of law. Jessica spent several years practicing insurance defense, school law, and employment law with a reputable Springfield firm before joining Spencer Fane.
Jessica completed her undergraduate studies at Evangel University. She attended law school at Regent University School of Law in Virginia Beach, Virginia, and earned her Juris Doctor, with honors, in 2008. In law school Jessica was a competitor and board member for Regent’s nationally recognized Moot Court team.
Highlights of Jessica’s experience include:
- Conducted numerous investigations into employee grievances against their employers to determine if a law or policy violation occurred, including a high profile race discrimination claim.
- Successfully pursued and defended appeals before the Missouri Court of Appeals, primarily regarding issues pertaining to insurance coverage questions.
- Handled every stage of the litigation process as lead counsel for a variety of clients, including individuals and businesses, large and small.
- Obtained a defense verdict for a school district regarding a claim under the Teacher Tenure Act.
- Obtained summary judgment for an insurance company on claims pertaining to coverage disputes.
- Board member for the Missouri Council of School Attorneys
- Missouri Bar Association
- Springfield Metropolitan Bar Association
- Missouri Council of School Attorneys
- Southern Missouri Women Lawyers
- 2020 recipient of the Women’s Justice Award for litigation through Missouri Lawyers Weekly
Contact Jessica Hill at 417.888.1004 or firstname.lastname@example.org.