Jeremy Rucker focuses his practice on privacy and data protection and corporate transactions. He regularly counsels companies on navigating the regulatory and compliance issues before and after a data breach. He has represented companies of all sizes covering several industries including healthcare, banking and finance, and manufacturing.
Additionally, Jeremy represents companies and high net-worth individuals with complex corporate transactions, focusing on public and private mergers and acquisitions.
Highlights of Jeremy’s experience include:
- Assisted dozens of companies in post-breach remediation efforts.
- Assisted medical practice in obtaining a successful outcome in OCR investigation following data breach.
- Represented company in the purchase of assets of medical spa.
Presentations and Publications
- “Cybersecurity,” State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Trial (Houston), TexasBarCLE
- Privileges: Understanding the Applicability in Cybersecurity Cases, Texas Bar Journal, October 2018
- “The Legal Perspective of a Data Breach,” ISACA North Texas Chapter
- “Cybersecurity,” State Bar of Texas Advanced Civil Trial (San Antonio), TexasBarCLE
- “So You’ve Had a Breach. Now What?,” Risky Business, ISSA Fort Worth
- “Cybersecurity Law Update,” (with Shawn Tuma), Collin County Bench Bar Conference
- “Planning for a Cyber Breach,” DALL’s 2018 Spring Institute, Dallas Association of Law Librarians
- “What Every Lawyer Needs to Know About Cybersecurity,” Plano Bar Association, PBA CLE
- “Cybersecurity Overview,” Civil Litigation/Appellate Section, Collin County Bar Association CLE
- “Cybersecurity for Solos and Small Firms,” Solo/Small Firm Section, Collin County Bar Association CLE
- “I’ve Been Hacked: What Do I Do Now?” Essentials of Business Law: Protecting Your Business, TexasBarCLE
- “Transactional Practice of Law,” Business Law Panel, Texas A&M Business Law Society
- Dallas Bar Association
- Collin County Bar Association
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2022
Contact Jeremy Rucker at 214.459.5880 or email@example.com.