Jeff Figge practices in the estate planning and business transactions groups.
In his business practice, Jeff represents privately held and start-up entities on formation, sales and acquisitions, complex contract negotiations and implementation, and various organizational, tax, and corporate succession issues.
In his estate planning practice, Jeff regularly advises families on the design and implementation of estate plans. These range from simple plans for clients just beginning to plan for the future of their young families, to complex estate plans incorporating both tax and personal objectives. Jeff also regularly helps family owned businesses implement succession strategies as part of the estate planning process. In addition, Jeff provides counsel to trustees and beneficiaries in trust and probate administration, and represents their interests in trust and probate disputes and litigation.
In his representation of nonprofit organizations, Jeff provides legal counsel on issues including the organizations’ formation, governance, and tax matters.
As a former certified public accountant of an international accounting firm, he uses his experience in individual, trust, and business tax matters to help his clients achieve their financial and legal goals.
Areas of Emphasis
- Estate Plans and Business Succession Strategies
- Mergers and Acquisitions
- Closely Held and Start-up Entities Formation/Organizational, Acquisitions, Tax and Corporate Succession Issues
Publications and Speaking Engagements
- 2018 – Presenter, Tax Panel: Tax Reform Act
- 2015 – Presenter, “Estate Planning for Charitable Fundraisers”
- 2012-2014 – Presenter, “Understanding the Basics of Revocable Living Trusts”
- 2008 and 2009 – CLE Presenter, Trustee Workshop
- 2007 – Presenter, “Helping Your Client Select the Best Entity Option”
- 2004 – Presenter, “Navigating the Laws Highest Duty: Serving as a Trustee Without Becoming a Defendant”
- Annually – Client presentations and newsletters on various estate planning topics
- Humanitri, Nonprofit Board
- Mary Queen of Peace, School Committee
- American Bar Association
- Metropolitan St Louis Bar Association
- Illinois State Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council – St. Louis
- Listed in The Best Lawyers in America®, 2021
Contact Jeff Figge at 314.333.3936 or firstname.lastname@example.org.