Jaspal S. Hare is an intellectual property attorney with a focus on patent litigation, patent prosecution, and trademark matters. Mr. Hare has represented clients in a wide array of matters including but limited to, district court actions involving patents and trade secrets, licensing disputes, International Trade Commission actions, portfolio vetting, inter partes review proceedings, and patent and trademark prosecution. Matters have involved a wide range of technologies, e.g., computer hardware and software, semiconductor manufacturing and design, cellular telephony (IS-95, CDMA-2000, GSM, WCDMA, WiMax, and LTE), GPS, speech and video coding, encryption, Voice Over Internet Protocol, wireless LANs, robotics, manufacturing, and oil and gas exploration and production.
Mr. Hare’s representative experience includes:
- Oberalis v. Aeropostale et al. (consol.) (E.D. Tex. 2015): represented Oberalis as lead counsel in patent cases involving document search technology and successfully defended patent against a section 101 challenge.
- Represented Qualcomm in various patent and licensing disputes related to cellular telephony.
- Represented IBM as complainant in ITC action against ASUS Computers concerning computer hardware and software.
- Pollin Patent Licensing v. Cititbank (N.D. III. 2011): represented Citibank in patent case relating to the collection of payments via the telephone.
- Phoenix Licensing v. Credit One Bank (E.D. Tex. 2011): represented Credit One Bank in multiple patent cases involving business methods used for personalized communications.
- Clouding IP v. Oracle (D. Del. 2012): represented Clouding IP in patent case involving cloud computing technology and inter partes review proceedings.
- EPL Holdings v. Apple (N.D. Cal. 2012): represented EPL Holdings in patent case involving variable speed playback technology.
- Walker Digital v. Google (D. Del. 2011): represented Walker Digital in patent case involving GPS technology.
- “Intellectual Property Essentials for Engineers: Patents, Trademarks, Copyrights, and Trade Secrets” – Engineering Law and Ethics Seminar, Arlington, Texas, April 2017
- “Software Development Contracts – Provisions to Watch” – Manufacturing and Distribution Industry Summit, Kansas City, Missouri, April 2017
- Dallas Bar Association
- Named “Texas Rising Star” by Thomson Reuters, 2016
Contact Jaspal Hare at email@example.com.