Jason Davis focuses his practice on assisting a full range of clients in real estate transactions, including construction, pipeline, and oil and gas matters. He also represents owners and contractors with their contract or construction issues, including disputes that often involve arbitration.
With a strong focus on the many moving parts related to real estate deals and construction projects, Jason uses his engineering industry experience and knowledge of the city of Houston’s departments and procedures to expedite plate approvals, joint referral accommodations, variance approvals, and wastewater capacity reservation letters for clients. He previously practiced as a civil engineer with Walter P. Moore & Associates, and the experience provides him with practical insight into common problems associated with real estate and construction projects. He has worked on site selection, assessment studies, civil site redevelopment, and improvements design. This includes storm water detention and drainage design and floodplain compensatory storage design.
Jason has also worked with private and public utility infrastructure design, and strategic project management involving easement abandonment and acquisitions, in addition to securing all manner of municipal and county permits and approvals. In that capacity, Jason was credentialed as a Professional Engineer by the State of Texas.
In 2009, Jason achieved the unique distinction of being the youngest triple board-certified attorney for commercial real estate law, farm and ranch real estate law, and residential real estate law.
Highlights of Jason’s experience include:
- Represented clients with the acquisition, construction, and sale of high-end luxury homes and resorts in Hawaii, Utah, Colorado, California, and Arizona. Performed and drafted unique lending strategies for the various transactions and was essential in the review of title matters and negotiating the terms and exceptions of the title policy.
- Represented borrowers or investors with the negotiation and review of their construction and purchase loan documents.
- Worked closely with energy companies on their existing and expansion projects involving right-of-way acquisitions, easement negotiations, land purchases, condemnations, design issues, survey permission, preparing agreements with public and private utility companies, land swaps, negotiations with port authorities and municipalities, pipeline crossings and encroachment agreements, and railroad crossings.
Presentations and Publications
- Speaker/Author, “Ethical Issues in Construction Law for Professional Engineers,” Professional Engineers for Professional Development Hours, Houston, 2007
- Speaker/Author, “Real Estate Title Issues for Land Surveyors,” Licensed Land Surveyors for Professional Development Hours, Houston, 2005
- Houston Bar Association
- Texas Board of Legal Specialization
- Real Estate – Commercial
- Real Estate – Residential
- Real Estate – Farm and Ranch
- Best Lawyers in America®, 2015-2021
- Texas Super Lawyers®, Rising Star – Real Estate, 2006-2012
- Top Professionals on the Fast Tract, H Texas Magazine, 2006-2012
- Assistant Province President of Texas, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, 2005-Present
- Lindsey Haid Memorial Award, South Texas College of Law, 2002
- Best Article on Family Law State, Robert R. Duvall Award, South Texas College of Law, 2002
- Assistant articles editor, South Texas Law Review
- Regional Winner, National Concrete Canoe Competition, Phi Delta Phi International Legal Fraternity, 1994
Contact Jason Davis at 713.212.2662 or email@example.com.