When a dispute arises that affects your business or its future, having a trial lawyer like James L. Wooll on your team is crucial. Jim has extensive experience—in trials with juries and with appellate courts, as well as mediation and arbitration—helping clients head off potential lawsuits when possible and aggressively litigating them when they cannot.
In addition to commercial litigation, Jim adeptly advises clients on issues involving construction law, insurance coverage disputes, employment law (such as executive compensation and option agreements), liquor licensing and brewery law, and professional malpractice.
A former law clerk for Chief Judge Claus J. Hume of the Colorado Court of Appeals, Jim possesses a deep understanding of jury trials in both state and federal courts, equipping him to help clients resolve problems effectively and efficiently.
In addition to corporate litigation, Jim adeptly advises clients on issues involving employment law, such as executive compensation agreements, wage disputes, employment discrimination and professional malpractice.
Highlights of Jim’s experience includes:
- Stanley Jacobs Productions, Ltd. v. Gaiam, Inc. (Los Angeles, CA Superior Court): The plaintiff filed a 10- count action alleging failure to pay royalties due on various infomercials. As lead counsel for defendant Gaiam, Inc, Jim obtained summary judgment in Gaiam’s favor on all non-dismissed causes of action.
- Ingentra HR Services, Inc. v. Workstream, Inc. (American Arbitration Association, Melville, NY): As lead counsel for plaintiff Ingentra, Jim sought through arbitration to recover contract fees owed for human resources benefit hosting services. He successfully obtained an award in the full amount demanded, plus costs, expenses and attorneys’ fees.
- Morreale Real Estate Services, Inc. v. Granite Software, Inc. (U.S.D.C. C.D. Cal.): Morreale Real Estate Services, Inc. brought suit against the vendor of its mission-critical software alleging breach of contract stemming from defects in the software. As second-chair for plaintiff Morreale, Jim obtained favorable jury verdict on breach of contract claim following 10-day federal court jury trial.
- Colorado Technology Law Journal, University of Colorado School of Law, founding Editor-In-Chief
- American Bar Association
- Colorado Bar Association
- Denver Bar Association
- Colorado Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” for business litigation – 2012, 2013 and 2014
- Colorado Super Lawyers® “Rising Star” for general litigation – 2010
Contact Jim Wooll at 303.592.8361 or firstname.lastname@example.org.