Jim Dankenbring represents businesses in mergers and acquisitions, securities law, complex contract negotiations, and executive compensation.
He helps buyers and sellers, including senior management and investors, in connection with the acquisition, sale and recapitalization of businesses in industries such as health care, manufacturing and technology. He also guides issuers and investors in public and private debt and equity financings, credit facilities and other complex financing transactions.
Through his active participation in TAGLaw, Jim has developed personal relationships with lawyers around the world. As a result, he often represents parties in cross-border joint ventures and strategic alliances, including distributor agreements, product distribution and marketing agreements, franchise agreements, licenses and other complex agreements.
Jim is also a frequent speaker at CLE seminars on topics such as M & A, limited liability companies, choice of business entity, and legal ethics.
Before beginning his legal career in the early 1980s, Jim practiced as a certified public accountant in the tax department of Ernst & Young.
Highlights of Jim Dankenbring’s experience include:
Represented a large health care company in a minority recapitalization by a private equity firm.
Represented a private equity firm in a minority recapitalization of a food manufacturer.
Served as independent counsel in facilitating the merger of three nonprofit organizations.
Represented a multi-national manufacturer in connection with multiple business acquisitions, including the negotiation and preparation of executive employment agreements and a long-term incentive compensation plan.
- Lutheran Foundation of St. Louis Board of Directors
- Lutheran Indian Ministries Board of Directors
- The Foundation for Called Workers Board of Directors
- Open Sky Education Board of Directors
- The Missouri Bar Board of Governors, 1996-1998
- Dakota Boys and Girls Ranch Foundation
- American Bar Association
- The Missouri Bar
- Bar Association of Metropolitan St. Louis
- St. Louis Bar Foundation
- Westborough Country Club
- Missouri Athletic Club
- AV Preeminent Rating by Martindale-Hubbell, 2018
- Selected for inclusion in Missouri & Kansas Super Lawyers®
- The Best Lawyers in America® – 2012-2018
- Best Lawyers® Lawyer of the Year (2017), Corporate Compliance Law
Contact Jim Dankenbring at 314.333.3939 or firstname.lastname@example.org.