Jack F. Stringham II helps both financial institutions and borrowers in commercial loan financings, facilitating efficient and structurally sound transactions that benefit his clients’ goals and objectives. He concentrates his practice in commercial loan transactions, real estate, banking regulation, venture capital, private financings, and general business matters for corporations, limited liability companies, and partnerships.
For 15 years, Jack worked with First American Corporation, serving as executive vice president, general counsel, and secretary for both the holding company and its statewide banking subsidiary, First American National Bank. In addition to having responsibility for the corporation’s legal functions, Jack was responsible for insurance, risk management, and compliance. While at First American, Jack served as a director of Financial Institutions Reserve, Ltd., a captive directors’ and officers’ insurance company for 17 bank holding companies. He also served as a delegate to the White House Conference on Small Business. Additionally, he has served as general counsel and secretary of the Frist Art Museum since its inception. He has worked with all phases of the Frist Art Museum, including acquisition of the real property, negotiating exhibition agreements, and assisting in the accreditation process.
Jack has spoken on various banking and real estate topics for organizations such as the Tennessee Bar Association and the American Institute of Banking. He also served on the faculty of Nashville State Community College.
Jack is recognized as a community leader in Nashville. Since childhood, he has been active in the Boy Scouts of America, attaining the ranking of Eagle Scout. He served as a troop leader for over 17 years and is currently serving on the executive board of the Middle Tennessee Council. Jack has been to the National Jamboree as a troop leader for the Council and was chair of the Council Committee on Venturing. He also received the Silver Beaver in Boy Scouting, which is the highest award for volunteers at the council level.
Jack’s life centers around his family and church. He and his wife, Anne, have two children and four awesome grandchildren. Their daughter, Ramsey, works for Saddle Up!, and son, John, is a surgeon in Salt Lake City, Utah. Jack is active in his church, the First Presbyterian Church of Nashville, where he has been a member for over 50 years. He has served as both a deacon and an elder. Jack has been on several mission trips including trips to Mexico, Kenya, and Cuba. After graduating from Vanderbilt University in 1968 with a bachelor’s degree, Jack served in the U.S. Army in Korea as a first lieutenant.
Highlights of Jack’s experience include:
- Represented a borrower in an $8 million nonrecourse refinancing of a hotel.
- Represented a lender in a $10 million hotel construction loan.
- Represented a lender in a multiphase land development loan.
- Represented a borrower in acquisition financing of a $9 million hotel.
- Represented a lender in an inventory and accounts receivable line of credit financing.
- Represented a borrower in a land development loan for $4.8 million.
- Represented a borrower in a term loan of $4 million, secured by all assets of the borrower.
- Represented a seller of an apartment complex for $43 million.
- Represented a nonprofit corporation in a long-term lease.
- Represented a developer in the land acquisition, financing, construction, development, and sale of a condominium.
- Represented a seller in the $6.8 million sale of a commercial office building.
- Represented a purchaser of a promissory note and subsequent foreclosure and purchase of a $36 million subdivision project.
- Represented a seller in the sale of a multifamily subsidized apartment complex.
- Represented seller in the sale of hotel for $2.8 million.
- Represented a nonprofit corporation in the redevelopment of historic building.
- Represented an educational institution in the $11 million sale of real property.
- Boy Scouts of America Middle Tennessee Council, Executive Board
- Nashville Area Junior Chamber of Commerce, 1980 Member of the Year, Past Chairman of the Clinic Bowl
- Leadership Nashville, Class of 1991
- Frist Art Museum, General Counsel and Secretary of the Board
- American Bar Association
- Nashville Bar Foundation, Fellow
- Nashville Bar Association, Former Chairman of Corporate Counsel Section
- Tennessee Bar Association, Former Chairman of Corporation and Business Law Section
- “Top Rated Lawyer in Banking & Finance Law,” The American Lawyer & Corporate Counsel
- The Best Lawyers in America©
- AV© Preeminent Rating, Martindale-Hubbell
Contact Jack Stringham at 615.238.6323 or email@example.com.