Hannah McCalla represents sophisticated clients in commercial litigation at the trial and appellate levels, with a focus on defense of insurance bad faith claims. She has gained significant experience examining witnesses at trial and taking key fact and expert witness depositions. She has also drafted and argued dispositive and other motions in the state and federal courts of several jurisdictions.
Prior to joining Spencer Fane, Hannah worked at a Denver-based litigation firm where she successfully represented clients in litigation in Colorado, Montana, and New Mexico. Before that, she served as a judicial law clerk to the Honorable Sam E. Haddon of the United States District Court for the District of Montana, working almost exclusively on civil matters.
Highlights of Hannah’s experience include:
- Won a defense jury verdict in New Mexico for insurer against underinsured motorist claims following a 2013 car accident. The jury found in favor of the client in less than 30 minutes.
- Defeated class certification and declaratory claims in a putative class action in Montana challenging insurer’s handling of claims for medical payments coverage.
- Secured a “walk away” dismissal of all claims in an underinsured motorist insurance lawsuit for bad faith in Colorado seeking over a million dollars in damages against the client.
- Won complete summary judgment in an insurance bad faith case for insurer in Colorado federal court by proving the plaintiffs’ failure to cooperate as a matter of law.
- Obtained favorable admissions from all of the plaintiff’s medical experts at deposition to win complete summary judgment in an insurance bad faith case for insurer in Colorado federal court.
- State Bar of Montana
- Colorado Bar Association
- American Bar Association, Litigation Section
- The Best Lawyers in America, Ones to Watch, 2022
- National Moot Court Team, Regionals First Place
- Legal Writing Graduation Award
Contact Hannah McCalla at 303.839.3768 or email@example.com.