Gerrit Pronske assists in cutting costs while utilizing the rules of the bankruptcy code to achieve efficient and successful outcomes related to the reorganization process, always with his clients’ goals top-of-mind. He has built strong experience in all areas of bankruptcy, business law, commercial litigation, and real estate, additionally serving as a trained mediator specializing in cases involving bankruptcy, insolvency, and commercial disputes.
With thorough experience in handling complex cases, Gerrit’s practice focuses on Chapter 11 proceedings and bankruptcy mediations. He also has a unique understanding of individual cases involving homestead law, which refers to exempting homesteads from being sold to settle an outstanding debt or seized for such purposes as well.
As the author of “Pronske’s Texas Bankruptcy, Annotated” Gerrit shares insights and guidance in the 1,100-page textbook used by bankruptcy practitioners throughout Texas, currently in its 21st edition and published by Texas Lawyer. Gerrit formerly served as editor of Texas Bankruptcy Decisions, a bimonthly case report summarizing all bankruptcy decisions of the Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals and all bankruptcy and federal district courts within the state of Texas.
Gerrit is a former Law Clerk to the Honorable Robert C. McGuire, former Chief United States Bankruptcy Judge for the Northern District of Texas, Dallas Division.
Presentations and Publications
- Pronske’s Texas Bankruptcy, Annotated (2021) – 21st Edition
- “Bankruptcy, Fifth Circuit Symposium,” 23 Texas Tech Law Review 117, 1992
- “Bankruptcy, Fifth Circuit Symposium,” 22 Texas Tech Law Review 417, 1991
- “Bankruptcy, Fifth Circuit Symposium,” 21 Texas Tech Law Review 111, 1990
- “Bankruptcy, Fifth Circuit Symposium,” 19 Texas Tech Law Review 341, 1988
- “Bankruptcy, Fifth Circuit Symposium,” 18 Texas Tech Law Review 341, 1987
- “Bankruptcy, Fifth Circuit Symposium,” 17 Texas Tech Law Review 427, 1986
- Sammons Center for the Arts Board of Directors. President (1993-1999)
- St. Anthony School Programs, Board of Directors and Board of Advisors
- American Bankruptcy Institute
- Dallas Bar Association
- Federal Bar Association Bankruptcy Law Section, Chairman (2007)
- Dallas Bankruptcy Bar Association, Chairman (2005)
- John C. Ford American Inn of Court, Master (2005-2018)
- Best Lawyers in Dallas, D Magazine, 2009
- The Best Lawyers in America®
- Texas Super Lawyers®, 2005, 2012-2018
Contact Gerrit Pronske at 972.324.0369 or email@example.com.