George Freedman is a civil litigator, with extensive experience helping businesses of all sizes resolve complex disputes. George is particularly adept at getting to know the business and personal goals of his clients, and responding quickly to meet their needs.
George’s practice focuses on employment, civil rights, and all areas of litigation including complex business litigation, domestic relations, insurance defense, antitrust and products liability. He is a long time member of the Labor and Employment Law section and the Family Law section of the Oklahoma Bar Association, and a Master in the Robert J. Turner Inn of Court.
George is a trial lawyer who helps his business clients make the best decision to reach their goals. He resolves their cases when business reasons dictate that it’s the right decision, and goes to trial when his clients need to be vindicated in a court of law. He has defended his clients against discrimination claims of all types, sexual harassment claims, wage and hour claims (including the FLSA), and assisted his clients in dealing with the Federal and State Departments of Labor, OSHA and the EEOC. He also assists his clients with their compliance needs, including development of policies and procedures, employee handbooks and specific human resources issues. George prepares his clients to comply with regulatory requirements and assists with proactive programs and policies to better serve their business goals. He works with clients to understand their legal needs and resolve their issues.
George helps his domestic relations clients by providing clear advice on the best trial strategy for their needs. He resolves his client’s matters before trial on advantageous terms, and fights for his clients in trial when needed.
George helps businesses in their business disputes, insurance matters and other complex civil litigation, and has won a broad range of cases in various federal and state courts throughout Oklahoma. He is skilled and experienced at handling matters at both the trial and appellate levels, and in the alternative dispute resolution context. George has a reputation for providing certain and practical legal advice. George establishes trust with his clients by listening to their needs before developing a recommended strategy, and maintains trust by explaining to the client the plan and then executing the plan. George’s clients know they can always reach him on any matter and are free to express any and all opinions without judgment.
Highlights of George Freedman’s experience include:
- Successfully prosecuted insurance bad faith claim on behalf of business developer, resulting in one of the largest jury verdicts in Oklahoma County in past ten years.
- Successfully defended City for alleged municipal antitrust allegations resulting in nuisance settlement.
- Successfully defended a City in an FLSA collective action filed by police officers for unpaid overtime resulting in arbitration award in favor of the City and affirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals.
- Successful defense of FLSA claim resulting in nuisance settlement.
- Master in the Robert J. Turner in of Court
- Board Member of Oklahoma Region Volleyball Association
- Graduate of the Leadership Edmond Class XIX
- Disciplinary board of the Oklahoma Soccer Association
- Served eight years on board of Lyric Theatre
- Served five years as President of Oklahoma Charge Volleyball
- Graduate of Leadership Edmond XIX
Contact George Freedman at 405.844.9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.