George Freedman is a civil litigator with extensive experience helping businesses of all sizes resolve complex litigation matters involving diverse legal issues. George is adept at quickly understanding the complex legal needs of his clients, developing approaches that best meet the client’s business goals, and tenaciously executing the strategy. George’s diverse experience includes dozens of jury and non-jury trials and appeals in the areas of insurance bad faith, product liability, antitrust, banking, oil and gas, complex probate litigation, complex domestic relations litigation, employment law, water law, and other general business disputes.
When his insurance company clients face bad faith claims, George works closely with the claims managers and leadership to understand the complex issues involved and creates a strategy for defeating the claim. Having previously prosecuted bad faith claims against insurance companies, George quickly identifies the soft underbellies of plaintiffs’ cases.
When his business clients face employment disputes, George helps them make the best decision to reach their goals. He resolves their cases when business reasons dictate that it’s the right decision, and goes to trial when his clients need to be vindicated. He has defended his clients against discrimination claims of all types, sexual harassment claims, wage and hour claims (including the FLSA), and assisted his clients in dealing with the Federal and State Departments of Labor, OSHA, and the EEOC.
George’s years of experience representing employees means he understands the emotions involved in such claims, which he uses to his client’s advantage when litigating employment disputes. He also assists his clients with compliance needs, including the development of policies and procedures, employee handbooks, and specific human resources issues. George prepares his clients to comply with regulatory requirements and assists with proactive programs and policies to better serve their business goals. He works with clients to understand their legal needs and resolve their issues.
George’s litigation experience also involves hotly contested high net worth domestic relations and probate disputes. George helps his clients by providing clear advice on the best trial strategy for their needs. He resolves his client’s matters before trial on advantageous terms and fights for his clients in trial when needed.
Highlights of George’s experience include:
- Published Opinion in the Tenth Circuit Court of Appeals after successfully having fraud and breach of contract claims dismissed in the trial court. Dental Dynamics, LLC v. Jolly Dental Group, LLC., 946 F.3d 1223 (10th 2020)
- Published Opinion in the Oklahoma Supreme Court related to the Oklahoma Governmental Tort Claims Act coverage for individual employees of the state. Pellegrino v. State ex rel. Cameron University ex rel. Board of Regents of State of Oklahoma, 2003 OK 2, 63 P.3d 535
- Successfully defended a municipality in an FLSA collective action filed by police officers for unpaid overtime resulting in an arbitration award in favor of the City and affirmed by the Oklahoma Court of Civil Appeals.
- In 2021, obtained a directed verdict defending a building owner against a Visual Artists Rights Act plaintiff in U.S. District Court for the Western District of Oklahoma.
- In 2013, successfully prosecuted insurance bad faith claim on behalf of a business developer, resulting in one of the largest jury verdicts in Oklahoma County.
- Obtained a mediated settlement after taking over oil and gas litigation that had lasted more than 10 years involving 37 businesses and individuals and 18 lawsuits.
- Successfully defended a municipality for alleged municipal antitrust allegations resulting in nuisance settlement.
- Prosecuted dozens of multi-million dollar domestic relations and probate matters to trial or settlement.
- Master in the Robert J. Turner Inn of Court
- Chairman of the Oklahoma Soccer Association Referees
- Graduate of the Leadership Edmond Class XIX
- Disciplinary Board of the Oklahoma Soccer Association
- Served eight years on board of Lyric Theatre
- Served five years as President of Oklahoma Charge Volleyball
Contact George Freedman at 405.844.9900 or firstname.lastname@example.org.