- Represents a high-net worth client in a dispute with lawyers and advisors for mishandling a multi-million dollar trust agreement that threatened to remove his client as the sole primary beneficiary of the trust.
- Represented a family-owned Texas industrial valve manufacturing company in a dispute against 2 former employees and a competitor for theft of trade secrets and breach of fiduciary duty. After mediation, the parties reached a 7-figure settlement agreement that included a 5-year injunction against the competitor.
- Represented a property owner in a dispute with a general contractor for massive cost overruns involving restoration and renovation of the client’s Aspen CO home. The case was settled favorably during jury selection in Pitkin County, CO.
- Represented a real estate development company against its insurance company for breach of the duty to defend and indemnify the client in an underlying case despite the terms and conditions of the general liability policy. The parties reached a favorable settlement that paid the client the full value of his damages.
- Represented a Houston seismic company in a lawsuit against its former outside counsel for breach of fiduciary duty and legal malpractice arising out of a conspiracy to defraud the company into paying a personal settlement for the company’s then-CEO in an unrelated domestic dispute. The parties reached a favorable settlement for the company prior to trial.
- Represented the development arm of a publicly traded real estate investment trust in litigation against a former employee and vendor for breach of fiduciary duty, breach of contract, fraud and conspiracy. After a 2-week trial in superior court in Orange County CA, while the jury deliberated, the parties reached a fully secured settlement that paid the client its actual damages.
- Represented a real estate development company asserting claims against an environmental consulting firm alleging negligent investigation of environmental conditions on the site of property the client sought to purchase. Shortly before trial, the parties reached a favorable 7-figure settlement that ensured the client could remediate the site and recover lost profits on the proposed business venture.